Chapsta

3D dive... who's done it?

8 out of 9 points! We almost got it Friday and next weekend I'm hoping we pull it off! I was just wondering if any of you guys that have gotten the award have any words of wisdom. It's the sitting that's been the hard part for us, but we finally got all the way through the stair steps :)!

Going for it in Dallas next weekend!

Chaps
Carpe diem

On the stairsteps, remember that it does not have to be a perfect line, the best thing to do there is to cheat it so you are in a U rather than a straight line. This can greatly decrease the amount of time it takes for the top guy to get to the bottom slot.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

no worries man... I didn't know until recently either...

3 points on the head: L. hand flower- round- R. hand flower (or oppostie order)

3 points in sit: stair-steps with each jumper taking turns in each position. (we alternate top to bottom)

3 points on belly: Left hand donut- Right hand donut- Star

My take on the dive:

Get the points on your head right out the door so that you're in a sit as you come off the hill. This is going to be the hard part... my advice is to set the stronger two sit flyers in the top two spots. The top sitter needs to set a smooth comfortable base, and the second sitter has to dock the steps twice! The bottom (or third) sitter might prefer to stay on their head until the first two have built so they are exactly where they need to be. Be real heads up on altitude here and deciding wether or not to continue to your belly.

USPA recognizes the award and you can find all the exact info on it by contacting them or their website.

Good luck!

Chaps
Carpe diem

Yup... did it when Roger was calling it the Millenium dive. USPA didn't recognize it yet.

If sitting is the hard part.. then get your hand down on his level first.. then slide over.

Stand to get down then kinda hang ten on over... then slide into place. It's best if you know how to reach in front of you in a sit.

If you have to turn too much to dock, Most likely this will help.

Spread the legs more
Push down with your feet more
Kinda lean back
Bend your arms some so they are not in back of you. They should have nearly a 90 degree bend
Keep the torso straight
Simulate that against a wall

Get yourself all the way into position before taking the dock. Once you have the dock.. just fly it. If it moves, you move. Stay low and don't float up on it and pull the guys foot to the side.

Hope that helps.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto