jerry81

Which way do you cartwheel?

I've noticed (well, actually I've known for some time) that whenever I do a cartwheel, whether it's a transition or a full one, I'll roll to the left. Same thing on the ground if I'm envisioning the dive or even when doing a regular cartwheel (you know, just for the heck of it).

Sound familiar to anyone? Cartwheeling the other way just doesn't feel right.(pun not quite intended)
Of course, it could be that my slightly less than symmetric body has something to do with it, but I'm guessing it's more or less normal to favour one side with a lot of movements. So which way do you turn?

(Just trying to bring some life to the ff forum. And possibly take a break from this all-nighter I'm pulling.)

you should always practice the moves you dont do well naturally instead of relying on the ones that come easy to you... you'll be a better flier and have ALOT more flexibility if you dont hamstring yourself by prefering the moves, angles methods, that come easily and neglecting the directions, limbs, motions etc that you have difficulty with...

if i were you I'd make it a point to do right cartwheels until there was little to no difference in the ease and accuracy of performance...

Pat's question: should I explain vRW Stable?
Pat's answer:
The cartwheel (weed-eater) is basic freefly transition. It is the preferred way to get onto your head and into a head-down and back up. Because you are rotating onto your side, the cartwheel (weed-eater) allows eye contact throughout the transition, unlike either the half-front loop or the half-back loop method of transitioning into a head-down, both of which turn you 180 degrees. To learn to perform the cartwheel (weed-eater), follow these steps:
First, go into the vRW Stable; take a breath.
Second, still tucked, do a one-half cartwheel to the right or left. Look at your partner. Focus on your body. Challenge it to happen. Explode into it. Throw your head and shoulders to the side in the direction of the half-turn. (Shouting “KieYaaa!” is optional, but satisfying.)
Finally, once in the new position, “stick it” to lock it in and stable it out. Experience and practice will teach you how to stick it and not over- or under-rotate.
A front loop is a forward-facing transition. Basically a front loop will occur whenever you throw your shoulders and head forward while flinging your arms back. Like most freefly transitions, front loops are a great deal easier if you tuck into a vRW Stable just before you flip. Here is how to go head-over-heels frontward:
First, go into the vRW Stable; take a breath.
Second, still tucked, throw your body forward, shoulders and head leading, while flinging your arms back behind you. Explode into it. Look up as you rotate past the top of the sky. Catch yourself to stop the rotation and settle into position. Here, too, experience and practice teach you how to not over- or under- rotate.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,