airborne82nd

Help Freefly / Suit? Tunnel Time ? Jumps ? Video ?

Hi I live next to the tunnel in Orlando i hav 2 hours belly flying in the tunnell.

So What videos and books do you all recomend ( vfw ?)

What suit do you recomend for tunnel and jumping ?

Progression in the tunnel the start you on back then sit then feeet down then head down.

How should i progress in the air ??

coach jumps now or later ??

how much tunnell time before i try it in the air??

and how much tunnell time???

so anyone know any good dvds, videos and books on free fly???

thank you

Chris

You'll get better answers if you post your current jump experience too... not just tunnel time.

Coaching is ALWAYS a good idea!

Good videos: Evolution and Flyboyz Party Mix rock. Actually, I think I've liked just about every freefly movie out there! Check out Chronicles III and The clouds edge too! I think most of them can be had on DVD now as well...

Have fun! ;)

Chaps
Carpe diem

Coaching for sure. Especially as it tends to be much cheaper than in the sky. Also you happen to be near the Orlando tunnel, so it is so there are loads of coaches around.

3 to check out, are Juliana, Fabian and Joao, who are now based in Skydive Space Center @ Tuitesville, but have many many hours of tunnel. I think their flying in the tunnel is amazing. There are alot of good freeflyers out there for sure, but watching and being coached by these people, is so much fun. I think they charge $75 for 30 mins on top of your 30mins tunnel time, and they will organise you to go with others so you can share time and have breaks between the 2 min intervals. I would say go for coaching now, you will progress faster, have more fun, know what to work on, and get the most out of your time.

As for videos, Chronicles 2 is a favourite. It is old school but bad ass. Lots of the stuff on the video is still of a high standard for the 'normal' jumper to reach. Pure flying with all the names and majority of the original freeflyers. Check it out.