RTB

Converting to US rigging rating

If I as a Swedish rigger wanted to do rigging work in the US, what would it take to get a license? (time/ cost)
I have the equivalent of a senior rigging license.

/René

Shhhhhhhhhhhh the INS might be listening in. No reciprocal agreements w/ other governments. You need to take the written exam a demonstrate to a DPRE you are the real deal.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh the INS might be listening in. No reciprocal agreements w/ other governments. You need to take the written exam a demonstrate to a DPRE you are the real deal.

Hehe,

I'm not emigrating, maybe just taking a long vacation :)

Contact the FAA and see what they can do for you.
Go to their website. Read the Part 65 Subpart F, but they don't say anything about another countries equivalent.
http://www2.faa.gov/avr/AFS/FARS/far-65.txt
That could be a start. HookandSwoop posted all the info you need to become a parachute in this forum so read it it may have something that could help.
Cielos Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

Back in 1988, I had a Canadian Rigger A rating (one notch below FAA Senior Rigger) and wanted an FAA Senior Rigger rating. After reviewing my logbook, the FAA insisted that I write the test and be tested by a DPRE. The written test took me less than 20 minutes.

Fortunately DPRE Dave DeWolf was cool about the oral and practical tests. Dave showed me a new trick for sewing patches and insisted that I earn a seat rating while I was there. The seat rating paid well in the long run.