Phlip

Freefly suit in one or two pieces?

I have always jumped a one piece, but I have a new suit coming in on this coming Wednesday that is two pieces. (I got the paper gift too....;)) Anyway, I've never jumped a two piece, but I asked a few very experienced flyers, and I was told that it flies no different than a single piece suit. I guess we'll see next weekend. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I've jumped a two piece suit in the winter months and just the pants & a shirt in the summer...just takes a couple jumps to get the slight difference in fall rate dialed in.;)

Two is especially nice if you pack for yourself in the warmer temps. :P

The only bad thing I've found is that a two piece doesn't fly as well in the tunnel (and the zippers will tend to creep) - but I'm not in there that often anyway. :S
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

I have had both a one piece and a two piece. I really like my 2 piece. I haven't found it to fly different than a one piece. It looks like a one piece once you have it on and I have not had a problem with the top riding up or coming untucked. I also like it because I hate packing in a jumpsuit so I can just take off the top and pack. And as someone else mentioned, you can just jump the pants when it gets warm and throw on a t-shirt. My suit was made by FireFly, and I am totally happy with it B|

~La La Gang Member #2~

Already answered, but I agree. Two piece. I have had a couple two pieces and a few one piece freefly suits. It is nice to just take the jacket off and have no bulk around the waist on the ground. Also in warmer weather the ability to wear just pants is nice. I have seen people order one piece suits and the turn around and get a pair of pants. Obviously the two piece would have saved them money. My Firefly suits rock and would highly recommend one reguardless if you go one or two piece.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

Never had a 1-pc, but I love my 2-pc! When it is cool out, I wear the top... otherwise, just the pants and a tank or tee. I live in S. Fla, so it is usually too hot for a full top! And, I haven't had any problems with it coming untucked in freefall when I do wear both pieces. Mine was made by Ouragan suits in Deland, and I love it!

Angela.