Zoter

Newbie Sitfly video

Http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1383

There ya go...I made it a clicky before Ivan got to it. Nice video! Great progression...it was cool.B|

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Great video!!! I loved watching the progression . . . B|

And just so I don't have to start a new thread, I have a question: is it recommended for a new sitflyer to try doing a sitfly exit out of the door? Because I have currently been doing a belly exit and then trying to get to my sit, either from a frontloop or from my back. Thoughts?

Kelly

We were flying a Porter...frankly...your spoiled..when the door opens its like the whole side of the plane is open....shame not to make use of the space for a clean poised exit

Deffo good practice to get into a sit from a belly position....I have practiced its just not on this vid.

Cant remember his full name but there is a vid with a dude called 'Tom' who does fantastic transitions to sit from a forward roll....I tried it alot...but it doesnt work for me yet....I personally founs I could get into a sit very quickly from a barrell roll where I throw my arms back as soon as I get on my back....it prob is not as 'clean' but its quick and works for me....

But then again I didnt fall off my sit too much to have practice getting back from my belly ..lol;)

Well, maybe I should try it. I just don't want to look like a moron on exit. :D I can do a good, stable belly exit and don't want people on the plane laughing at me. But where I jump now, there's an otter, and that's a big ass door, too. Hmmmm . . . anyone else have any thoughts?

Kelly

Hmmmm . . . anyone else have any thoughts?

Face the tail of the plane and exit in a sit. You'll have the wind at your back and it might help you get in the sit from the very beginning on the dive.

Don't worry about everyone laughing at you. They've all looked like dorks before when they were trying something new also! It's no big deal. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

my freefly coach said it's more fun and better practice to go unstable out the door and then spring straight into a sit possition.. get stable check alti then roll unstable again, spring into sit possition, you get more practices getting into the possition for your money ...

The thing is... you want to present your feet to the wind if you want the relative to allow you to sitfly properly out the door instead of front or back flying. I learned to fly my back down the hill first, but have since then learned to present myself to the relative.

Try it... On a 2 way have the front float exit in a way where their back is facing the ceiling and the rear exit has their back facing the floor... difficult at first... but the over under exit is awesome and you feel a real sense of accomplishment.

Have fun!

Chaps
Carpe diem

worth a try for sure...and I will
but really...never had a problem launching a sit and flying it down/off the hill ...on heading by launching facing the nose....just had to lean forward quite a bit more......

"Work to live, dont live to work"
http://www.valkyrie4way.co.yk