StearmanR985

Maneuvers For A Nembie Please

Greetings,

I have a total of 20 jumps :$ most of which are solos after graduating. I have been doing flips, barrel rolls and 360's. I would like to introduce something new (not overly difficult) while continuing perfecting the above mentioned skills (still a bit wobbly on them). Any suggestions and how-to's would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Hmm, I could use some new moves :$ Just can't tell SO, for some reason I think she would get angry AND bitter. :D

Yes, I was supposed to come out for that big BBQ but the weather sucked and when I called manifest that morning they said there would only be H & P's. [:/] I read that I missed out on a great time and some full altitude jumps....

If the weather holds, I will come to Byron this Saturday. I will even have my own rig (slighlty used but it will be mine) by then. SWEET, no more renting and kissing off $$$.

That means I will be making my first jump on my own gear over there!! BEER/WINE!!

Jeffrey

All:
What's the difference in the gear for belly and freefly? I know I can't do both with the same gear. If I'm looking to buy gear, what do I look for? I suck at belly and no one wants to jump with me for fear of getting hurt B|, so I'm turning to freefly. I still want to practice belly, though.
Why can't I just behave?

You can use one rig for both disciplines. Go talk to your local rigger, instructor, and freefliers for better information. I suspect you will be looking for used equipment so look around and ask for help. It's readily available.

San Marco has knowledgeble people there to help guide you.

Ed (bodypilot1) had a great suggestion for the originator of this thread. It would work well for you too. Work on your A license;)

Oh yeah.. Just get some jumps in. It's hard to say a person sucks at any thing with only a few handfulls of jumps. I doubt people fear you;)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Maybe it is just me, but I get the feeling I should be working on my 'A'. :$

Well, with the purchase of a rig this week, I will barely have jump $$ for awhile let alone pay for some coaching. And, I can't seem to talk SO into getting a second job to pay for my ADDICTION. >:( Not sure what her problem is, guess she is just selfish.

Here ye, here ye!! FREE coaches sign up here!!! Don't be shy now.....:D Yeah I know, nothing good in life comes free.

Jeff

I suck at belly and no one wants to jump with me for fear of getting hurt B|, so I'm turning to freefly. I still want to practice belly, though.

I agree, with only 19 jumps, you don't suck and no one is afraid of you. Do a lot of 2-ways and get your license requirements out of the way. 2-way camps and tunnel time is good if you are impatient to get up the learning curve. If you are altitude aware, I doubt that you'd get much flak over mixing up RW and FF. Most DZs recommends you get comfortable moving about in RW first. So do I.

And with that smile, I suspect lots of experienced jumpers will want to to 2 way with you. We get a lot out of the big grins when coaching.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I suck at belly and no one wants to jump with me for fear of getting hurt B|, so I'm turning to freefly. ***

Running into someone while belly flying at 115mph?
Running into someone while freeflying at 180mph?
Or having control of myself doing solo's or coach jumps and getting my A license?:S
Hmmmm....
Let's make the right choice!;)

Be safe.

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Here ye, here ye!! FREE coaches sign up here!!! Don't be shy now.....:D Yeah I know, nothing good in life comes free.

How about cover the jump and my pack job.
As I told you before, you'll be able to knock out alot of the TLO on your card in just a few jumps.;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

How about cover the jump and my pack job.
As I told you before, you'll be able to knock out alot of the TLO on your card in just a few jumps.;)

Hah! Now I have it in print!! You can't go back now. :P How about if I pack for you? I THINK I can do it correctly. :D J/K. Upon advice of many, I will be focusing strictly on my A for the next few jumps. I will be out in Lodi on Saturday for a good part of the day. Hopefully I will be there for a couple of jumps on Sunday too.

See you there!!