cutaway1

WHY NOT SIT WELL?

WHAT I MISS IN FREEFLYING, WHICH I LOVE, IS BIG WAYS WITH MY FRIENDS. IT JUST NEVER HAPPENS OR ITS A REAL ZOO DIVE. IT SEEMS HARDLY ANYONE WANTS TO PERFECT THE BASICS BEFORE THEY WANT TO DO HEAD DOWN AND EVERYTHING ELSE. MAX COHN, WHOM I RESPECT, SAYS THAT A BASIC SIT FLY DIVE IS A CAMEFIRE, WHERE FOUR PEOPLE SIT IN A CIRCLE, HOPEFULLY TOUCHING TOES, SHOWING CONTROL, FLYING THEIR SLOTS, WITHOUT MOVING. MY EXPERIENCE IS THAT UNLESS YOUR JUMPING WITH THE BIGTIME PRO JUMPERS-THIS NEVER HAPPENS. JUMPERS WHO BELIEVE THEY ARE REALLY HOT FREEFLYERS, DOING HEAD DOWN AND EVERYTHING ELSE, OFTEN CAN'T FREEFLY A STABLE SIT EXIT WITH OUT TURNING, MOVING AROUND, AND WASTING TIME, CAN'T HOLD A SIT, WITHOUT MOVING, AND ARE UNWILLING TO WORK ON THE BASIC MOVES. IF YOU WERE UNABLE TO FLY YOUR SLOT IN REGULAR RW, IT WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE. HOW OFTEN CAN REGULAR FREEFLYERS DO A SIT DIVE WITH AT LEAST 4 PEOPLE AND FLY THEIR SLOTS WITHOUT MOVING, MY EXPERIENCE, ALMOST NEVER. WHATS THE HURRY? MASTER THE BASICS BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT CHALLENGE, OR MAYBE I'M MISSING SOMETHING AND DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. BLUE SKYS
SCR-21

people want to go fast, learn quick, and aim for the most ultimate...
I wanted to go head down... but can't manage to stay stable, so I now work on getting a good head up position..., docking etc...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

you are not alone... :)
The thing that upsets me is..the dive is 3-way sit ... the plan is nice slot flying not toe-touching, but a little more appart..so far so good...what happens then is... for a split second all are flying nicely, then one tries to close the gap a little more, he offcourse overshoots, the other guy follows him (don't know why either) and I find myself chasing both of them in order not to be left behind... :S this sux.. and then we all land and all are like "yeah..nice jump, jippie, high five and stuff" and only I seem to think it was crap... well, better luck next time

Maybe people just don't get it where perfection is hidding...

Best regards,
U.M.

I can understand what your trying to say here, but you also have to understand that some people have absolutely no interest in sit flying (myself included) I prefer to see the world above me, I have spent quite a number of jumps on my head getting to my present level of experience.

HOW OFTEN CAN REGULAR FREEFLYERS DO A SIT DIVE WITH AT LEAST 4 PEOPLE AND FLY THEIR SLOTS WITHOUT MOVING

----> I know quite a few....... but I am not one of them...... I can fly my slot head down no tension, no corking, buttttt, not in a sit......again...I am not interested in expanding my skills in that area.... thus I would be judged to be a jumper who didnt learn the basics........

MAYBE I'M MISSING SOMETHING AND DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

---->Actually I think you do know what your talking about, I just hope you dont paint every butt upper that didnt master the sit position as a poser, some may surprise you..

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.