sunnydee123

Helped with a FIRST Sit....

OK - many of you many be familiar with me and know that I started skydiving in Feb and QUICKLY went into freeflying upon getting my first license (thanks to lots of great friends help). So my pal who started THE WEEK BEFORE ME (yet has just 52 jumps when I am at 165) finally got his own gear, we did our FIRST jump together and then another pal asked if he wanted to try sitting since he is "itching" to freefly. He is GREAT in freefall, has been since day 1 so me and another pal put together a plan to take him on his first SIT. We do a 3 way train but with he and front guy knee locked and me flying float. We pulled it off nicely, knee lock released but I hung on a bit to help him feel the wind on his knees and then I released him. He tossed a tiny bit in the air then had an upright position. Kinda balled up, backsliding a bit but he was holding it on his FIRST TRY. I can't even tell you how excited I was for him - seeing his face when he was flying face to face with me and NOT belly to earth. Oh to have had a camera! I WAS/AM SO PROUD OF HIM and even more proud that I was there for his first time and was able to help him (kinda sorta). It was the absolute best feeling ever to know that ME, little old me, with just about 80 free fly jumps could help someone feel it for the first time. B| I almost felt like a proud mama (or about what I am guessing that might feel like.

So to Jameson I say this, glad we started this adventure together and glad to be there with you on a FIRST. Welcome to the dark side my friend (isn't that what the cool kids call it ;))

Perhaps I have found my "partner".......:)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

That's great. It feels good to help someone and see them so happy and excited when they get down. That's what keeps this sport going. Imagine what it's like for people that do that everyday.. You can sort of understand why people do it for a job. They don't do it for money, they do it for that feeling you had this weekend.

That's awesome sunnydee, it's nice to hear that there are people out there who enjoy helping people learn.

So I have a question, you've gotten your C license in just 6 or 7 months? Is that right? That's pretty dang impressive (I think :) )

Thanks.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

YUP....graduated AFF March 1 (that included 3 tandems and 11 jumps - had to repeat Level 3 and 4 >:( and then did a high altititde before hop and pop). I just got bit by the bug and HARD so I have been jumping (and traveling) quite a bit. Then the new requirement for licenses came out and I got it in my head that I wanted to hit 200 jumps and get my D before they changed. Not really sure why the rush - more or less just because it is a goal to shoot for I think but also, I JUST LOVE JUMPING. I LOVE EVERY ASPECT OF THIS SPORT and I want to be good at it. So I travel around so to keep me senses aware (and not get COMFORTABLE with one place), I jump with all sorts of people and continue to improve on my skill, took a canopy control class and actually had some of my first coaching a few weeks ago. YUP...I'm a jumping fool this year so far and having the best time ever!

I still have LOTS to learn but I think I have learned enough that I can share that with someone and help them grasp the concept. Safety, of course, is always most important and everyone has been so great with me, I can only hope to continue to "spread the love".

Take care....D

Dang. Where do ya get the money for all that? :)

Sounds like a blast though. Less than a year with your C license already. Keep up the good work.

If you travel around as much as you say you do, maybe I'll see ya at some boogie sometime down the road. Take care.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Well I bum rides (and share gas bills), I sleep in RV's and shower at the DZ (most of the time) and eat whatever leftovers anyone has laying around so not like I am traveling in "high style" to do this. I also am a VERY GOOD PLANNER and stick to my BUDGET (yes...I have a jump budget) AND the deal for me is, no matter the weather, I suck it up and pack for myself. If that means I sweat like a pig or miss a load cause I'm too slow.....OK fine, so I also have a great job and half days on Fridays so I can always fit a ong weekend in......

Maybe I'm just lucky but I have also made lots of new friends that help with this "traveling bug" ;)

If you ever are in the mood for another travel adventure, come see us at skydive carolina south of Charlotte. WWW.skydivecarolina.com A great place to jump with lots of friendly people. We boast the largest gathering of Rodriguez brothers.
Blue Stuff

How do ya like it Johnny?