GypsySkyy

MY FIRST JUMP

No. It's not weird. He (or she as the case may be) has earned your trust.

It may or may not be practical for the DZ to schedule you with the same one, but it doesn't hurt to ask. You might ask well ahead of time, not just show up and expect to be able to pick and choose.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Thank you for your quick response. I dont want the male instructor to get the wrong idea or anything. Strictly professional. He has had over 10,000 jumps, explained everything, and he aloud me to pull the shoot. He was super calm and not loud like all the others.. I can not believe I love this sport so much. It's all I think of and I only went once. I thought it was one of those things i wanted to take off of a "bucket list" but now it's so much more. It sucks even more because I have NO friends in the sport.. I will be going to the dz alone so it would be nice to at least have the same instructor.. ya know.

Thank you for your quick response. I dont want the male instructor to get the wrong idea or anything. Strictly professional. He has had over 10,000 jumps, explained everything, and he aloud me to pull the shoot. He was super calm and not loud like all the others.. I can not believe I love this sport so much. It's all I think of and I only went once. I thought it was one of those things i wanted to take off of a "bucket list" but now it's so much more. It sucks even more because I have NO friends in the sport.. I will be going to the dz alone so it would be nice to at least have the same instructor.. ya know.

Fuckin newbs. :D:D:D:D

Welcome to the sport! You'll make friends, don't worry bout that! Just stay after the beer light comes on and soak up all the knowledge you can, the friends will be there with ya.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I wouldn't worry too much about him getting the "wrong idea".

A lot of folks were "only going to do it once." And yes, it is a lot more than a bucket list thing.

Another newcomer has put her experiences into a cartoon blog in this thread:http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4200157;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread. It's a fun tale of how that "just once" took off. And an interesting adventure.

You can make friends at the DZ fairly easily. We are a pretty welcoming bunch.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

I'm in the same situation right now. I did my first tandem with 1 instructor, my second with another, as the first wasn't available...

Had STP (my DZs version of AFF) ground school with my first instructor, and first STP jump with the second, as the first wasn't available again (I see a pattern here...)

I've rather enjoyed having more than one!! I think each instructor is slightly different in the way they do things, and for me, that's a good thing! I've learned slightly different ways to do things between the two...

Jumping with both of them has also helped me be more confident in their abilities, and seeing as how I'm trusting them with my life (yes, as an STP student, it's all me in the end, but you get my point), that's rather important to me!

Now, I just need to choose an instructor for STP jump 2 on Saturday...
I'm everything you'd never expect!

so you did ask for the same instructor after your jump? Its not that much out of the ordinary? I felt weird asking lol. It would be cool to have the same instructor but at the same time I really don't care that much.. it's more about the jump and the experience...

Are you in the AFF program now?
How did you know you wanted to do that...

Gypsy Skyy

so you did ask for the same instructor after your jump? Its not that much out of the ordinary? I felt weird asking lol. It would be cool to have the same instructor but at the same time I really don't care that much.. it's more about the jump and the experience...

Gypsy Skyy

After 100 tandem jumps, me and my TI finally moved into our own place. It seems to be working out.

After 198 tandems I finally got the nerve to try AFF. Things are not going well, I'm making my eleventh attempt at my category z this weekend.

Gypsy Skyy

I did ask for him, but he was out of town for the second tandem. I ended up with an instructor who happens to run our AFF program...

Really, I would jump with any of our instructors, they're all great, and at my DZ anyway, they really don't seem to mind if you jump with a different instructor...

I am in our version of AFF. Did ground school a week ago today, my first AFF jump last Saturday, and second is this Saturday.

I knew I wanted to do AFF about 2 seconds in to my first tandem. With the second tandem, I knew I was addicted...

If skydiving is ALL you've been thinking about, and your face hurts from smiling so much, you have your answer!

Oh, when I did the first AFF jump, it was 34 degrees out at the DZ... I didn't really notice, and I don't like cold!
I'm everything you'd never expect!

It is supposed to be 56 tomorrow.. not sure how cold that means when your 14,o00 feet up. ekkk.. I am seriously contemplating if I want to go or not now. It's freezing, I'm broke, and I'm going alone... but on the upside it is all I have been thinking about and I will regret not going tomorrow.

Gypsy Skyy

It will be colder up high.

Go anyway.

The door will open and you will go (something like) "WOW, it's really cold"

By the time you get in the door and are ready to jump, you won't feel it. You won't feel the cold again until after the canopy is open (maybe not until you are on the ground).

I've gone out the door at temps well below zero (F, not C). I have only felt the cold in freefall once or twice.

Is it weird to ask for the same tandem instructor?

"weird" is a relative term in the skydiving world. You could probably ask for the same instructor and say that he has to take a little blue pill a few hours before but there's a fat tip involved and it might not really phase them. But when you say "fat tip" make sure you're clear that you're talking about money. They might get confused.