The111

Jumpsuits?

Hi all, I have 53 jumps, most on my belly, though I've also tried my hand at sitting. I've never worn a jumpsuit (except in my AFF), but I'm considering getting one. But I do enjoy both belly and freefly... and I've noticed there are separate suits for each.

What's the difference between the suits? Is there a good suit that can be worn for both disciplines? I really don't want to buy two suits... :|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Some *can* be worn for both RW and FF, mainly that comes down to having a FF suit that you do RW in.

There are some negatives to doing this, though. A FF suit has drag in the right places for FF, not really for RW (as I found out with my FF suit). Not only that, but there are (generally) no grippers on FF suits as well as no booties. Now, of course you don't have to have those to do RW, but it is definately nice. Especially as you progress you find yourself doing more complex RW.

As an old-time jumper (and one that is very experienced) told me once, "Dress for success when skydiving." What that means is you have to dress for your dive, if that means everyone is in shorts and a t-shirt, go for it, if that means tight RW suits, go for it.

This is basically because jumpsuits is what gives you the extra control (especially fall rate) in the air.

Here's what I would probably do if I was in your position. As long as you're not a big boy like myself, you could get away FFing in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt or in a pair of jeans or BDU trousers and a t-shirt. While learning to sit, it helps to be in shorts and a baggy shirt, anyways.

Also, which discipline do you find yourself doing more of? Since you're just starting out FFing, you might find it nice to have a good RW suit so you can do stuff with other people, as you're learning FFing.

Once again, this is just my opinion, other FFers who are more experienced then I am may have different opinions then my own.

What ever you decide on doing, good luck and do it hard core! B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here's what I would suggest, for FF, just jump in a long sleeve t-shirt, that will give you the drag on your arms needed to learn to sit, and buy a cheap used RW suit if you want a suit. I personally bought a custom fitted RW, one, and then got confident in the air first. Then I am jumping with the long sleeve shirt, but also bought a custom FF suit from FMC (Karen's great) for when my skill are up to snuff.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes