ColdDuck

AD C and D licenses

I can tell you why my team doesn't have the higher licenses. Money and utility. It costs money to get them done, it costs money to fly somewhere where someone can do the actual AD test. Having an AD license really doesn't matter anymore to do what a lot of people are doing. Sure, it's a great challenge to earn those licenses, but in our opinion, not really worth it. Not to mention, a lot of places won't let you jump a ball anymore... let alone 2. We all did get our A's though, from Mike Swanson. It seems it's a good credential to have if you're gonna do coaching or anything and at the time, we had some cash left over from Nationals.
Oh, hello again!

Apoil will have an excellent response to this...

I guess it's nice to have a reputation.

The C test, while interesting is not significantly more difficult than the B test. In fact it's a bit easier, once the whole dealing with two balls thing is dealt with. I'm not speaking from personal experience but I did train with the most recent recipient of a C number while he was practicing for it.

Interest has waned in these tests for a number of reasons,
one is that they are logistically difficult. You have to go to a specific place and jump with a specific person. Originally the A was the qualifier for the space games which was a competition with lots of participation, this made sense, and the B test was a demonstration of further advanced skill level. These days, those that are at the skill level for the B,C or D test are usually well established and on their own and wouldn't benefit significantly from these advanced "degrees" from the First School of Modern Skyflying.

They are also quite expensive. For the two ball tests you have to pay two coach fees (one for each ball master and each ball must have a ball master), plus whatever additional "processing" fee.

Some people consider the AD tests to really be the ultimate test of freeflying skill, and they were a good concept, but there's a lot more to it now. I'm keen to take the B test because it is quite a recognizable accomplishment, but I doubt I will go for the C or D because it doesn't prove much more than that you are willing to jump through a few more hoops.

As a result of the deterioration of the original "freefly circus" team, Olav will no longer let anyone issue the licenses.

I believe Stefania is allowed to issue the A, but if you want to do the B or beyond, be prepared to have the scrutinizing eye of "The CLOWN" himself on the other side of that little yellow orb!!

If you want these licenses you have to be where Olav is, it is that simple.

Olav is usually touring Europe coaching and organizing during the summer as it is slow in Florida. Skydive America Palm Beach is indeed closed as the owner Larry Kerchenbaum is being brought up on charges for fraud. There is a great article on this subject in the latest Skydiving magazine......Too bad for Larry, as long as you didn't work for him he was a pretty cool cat.......I guess you just can't spend other people's money forever without it catching up to you.......

I have no idea what Olav's plans are when he returns to the states, but send him an email and you may get a response....you can find his email at his website (1olav.com)

>who in the US is still doing tests - mike swanson etc..>

I believe that Dave Brown and Mike Swanson (sebastien) still do the AD A test. Atleast they still were about six months ago.
Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."