Levin

Summer Jam 2003 Update

Texas State Headdown Record Attempts &
Women's Headdown Record Training Camp #2
Skydive Aggieland
June 20 - 22, 2003

The Texas Headdown Record Attempts orginally scheduled at Skydive Houston have been moved to Skydive Aggieland. Skydive Spaceland is providing one of it's Otters. Practice jumps start Friday. Also on Friday Missy and Amy (and maybe some others) will be offering load organizing and $30 coach jumps. Load organizng will also be available through out the weekend for those freeflyers that may not be ready for the bigways.

If you are planning on attending and would like to participate in the bigways and were not on any of last years bigways please email me at [email protected]. Trying to get a headcount and at the moment that headcount is 21. And for the less experienced jumpers, that is alot of talent walking around to pick brains and ask questions.

Since this event is only 6 weeks, if you know somebody that is planning to attend please let them know that Summer Jam 2003 has been relocated to Skydive Aggieland.

cya then,
Levin
vSCR#17

Holy shite! Is that 21 people that plan on being on the bigways or just 21 people that plan to be there for the weekend. That is a significantly larger number of people compared to capable flyers from last year. Did everyone become badasses over the winter or what?

I'd love to go but that weekend will be the only training weekend for BangBoomPow before the first TSL event. Also, I think Vibe is conducting a skills camp at Dallas the 21st and 22nd.

D.J.

Is that 21 people that plan on being on the bigways or just 21 people that plan to be there for the weekend

21 on the bigways. waiting to here back from 13 others. seems like everybody did get good over the winter.

Levin
vSCS#3

Levin have you got your base picked and if so are they going to practice before the weekend attempts?

I'm working on the base right now. We have a 4-way base that has made a few practice jumps. But given the number of particpants, we are going to start with a 5-way base. I'll let you know when I have that base made up. And yes we will be making several practice jumps. There will be a couple of practice days for everyone before the event. I'll post those dates in a few days when I have them.

levin
vSCR#17

Skydive Aggieland just recently informed me that the airport management has agreed to shut down the glider strip for the weekend so that it can be turned into a swoop course. The glider strip is right next to the hanger. The main landing area is about 100 yards away so larger lighter loaded canopies will not be in the way.

Levin,
vSCS#3

--cross posted from Event and Gathering--

Anyone coming into town for this event who needs info about discounted hotel rooms, please contact Kathy Spillers at Skydive Aggieland . :)

Queen "B"
-----------------------------------------------
Skydive Aggieland, Inc.

FREE lunch Saturday and Sunday courtsey of Double Dave's Pizza. The arrangements were made via 3 seperate radio stations (owned by same person). Those very radio stations have been advertising the event so there may be some spectators coming out to watch.

Jump ticket prices are $19.

There is no registration fee.

Levin,
vSCR#17

Any discounts if you buy blocks of jumps? If so, what might that be?

I doubt I'll be able to do much coaching jumps (cash is tight) but I am going to jump like crazy, hope someone will want to tag along and play and just practice, practice, practice! Maybe sometime next year I can consider being part of some sort of record....MAYBE!

See ya'll in Aggieland sooon..........

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Any discounts if you buy blocks of jumps?

I'll have to ask. That's sort of out of my deptartment.:P

Oh yeah, just a couple more days! You'll be here on Thursday, right? Then the next question is, have you ever had a drink called "blue balls" and have you ever had Shiner Bock beer?B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yes sir...I'll be there Thursday night. Flight gets in at 7:43pm. Not sure if everyone will still be hanging around by the time I get there but if not, I'll see ya'll Friday bright and early.

As for those "drinks"...nope to both! Oh boy - don't kill me the first day please.....But I also know how to say NO quite well actually! :)

Are ya just so excited for all us girls to start rolling in?

Are ya just so excited for all us girls to start rolling in?

hehehe>:( :P

That means you'll be arriving at Todds about 10pm or so...we'll probably still be going, it would be very odd if we weren't.

B|

about 10pm or so...we'll probably still be going, it would be very odd if we weren't.

B|

thats affirmative.

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

ok then...I'm guessing everyone will be feeling all warm and fuzzy inside and therefore all smiles and thereby I should get a room full of hugs welcoming me. It's only proper ya know.....My first real skydiving trip away from home :$

See ya'll soon. :)

We've got a great group, you'll hugs and smiles if we're sober or a little "happier". :P

That wasn't a hit...come on bro, a hit would have been "screw you Dave, infact I'm not going to even show up!" :P

I was kinda guessing maybe the hugs and kisses would be even more plentiful if you all were NON-SOBERLIKE. Perhaps things don't work that way in Texas...they do in Florida. The drunker we are, the huggier things get (sometimes)

;):):$