Clownburner

Newbie looking for willing coach...

I'll be at Elsinore this Sunday, and I'm hoping to find someone who would be willing to introduce me to freeflying. My A-license stamp is just drying, and I've done some RW coached jumps, but I'd like to at least try freeflying before I decide what I want to spend time learning.

Since I'm just in 'try-before-you-buy' mode I don't want to spend several hundred bucks on a badass coach yet. I've never done any kind of non-belly flying (at least not intentionally ;)), so I'm looking for someone willing to share a little knowledge and help out a total newbie jumper.

I'm certainly willing to pay for jump tix and pack jobs for a couple/few jumps, if anyone's going to be out in Elsinore on Sun and doesn't have plans...

Thanks in advance!
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Clownburner,

Even though you don't want to spend the $ I would still talk with Chris Fiala. Explain your concerns to him and I'm sure that he will help you out. He runs the Elsinore Eclipse FreeFly school and is a totally chill guy.

Look him up. He should be the one walking around in a purle and yellow freefly suit with the dreadlocks.
J
YSD#0009

CB- Ditto on Chris he is a real nice guy and totally approachable. He can give you an idea on what you should do now.

I waited till I had 20 or 30 jumps before a gazillion (60 or so) solo jumps, then my first coach jump. It could be that if you do like it and you start early you could avoid bad habits.

Watch video and read books on basic form. The Art of Freefly is what I read long ago. But there are more.

Be like a sponge - listen and learn alot. At Elsinore you should be knee deep in Freeflyers.

~AirAnn~

James,

I concur with what everyone else has mentioned. Check with Chris Fiala. He has a novice package and my do it by individual jump. It is worth it. He's a professional and you will glad you did it. At my level, we will have to break a lot of bad habits. Check the Elsinore website for a link to his site. I will introduce you to him this weekend if you are around. BTW, try and do the H2O training this Friday.

Mark

Hey James, it was nice meeting you yesturday. Getting some coaching is good and chriss would be one of the top guys to seek at Elsinore. One of the things that I would recommend would be to purchase Pat works book the art of Vrw. Although there is some stuff that doesn't "need" to be in the book. It explains some rudiments and shows you some positions that will give you a little head start so that when you do hook up with instruction you will have a basic understanding. Some of the books material is available around the internet for free, but I think the 40 bucks was worth it to me. It is also helpful if you want to try stuff solo and get your moves close then have a coach fine tune and get video always, always, always. You are going to learn most on two ways so keep your groups small for a while. Hope this helps. Glen

VectorBoy & CB-

I had to look all over -BUT- Vector is right, the name of the book is The Art of vRW (The Way of Freefly). The movie version is REAL good too.

I also found my BASIC canopy flight book and video by Skydive U. Thanks Levin. He gave it to me without a word after I had some 250+ jumps. :$

Another dusty book I found was my ..autographed & sent to me by the author.. Mental Training for Skydiving and Life. I think I now getting the hints.

DISCLAIMER-
These views are of absolutely no significance whatsoever, and are certainly in no way meant to represent the noble ideals of anyone in the history of the world. No trees were destroyed in the creation of this disclaimer, although many trillions of electrons were seriously inconvenienced. Those who read my words, could be traipsing down the path to stupidity, and are not to be pitied. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of anyone, and not necessarily the authors, and probably not necessary. Investors should always check with their financial advisor to determine the suitability of any investment ‘tip’. Do not pick up a stick prior to identifying the species of snake. The laws of some States do not permit the disclaimer consult your state consumer protection agency for further information regarding your rights, if any, under governing law. Caveat emptor applies; I do not and will not claim any responsibility for damages caused by use of the above info. Good luck.

:D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r:

~AirAnn~