coho21

newbie learning to FF but got no$

Hi there. Well I'm a long time lurker but a first time poster. I am trying to get into free flying and I was wondering what is the best way to go about it? The dropzone that I am going to be jumping at over the next couple of months does have a FF school but I can't afford to shell out the cash for it. I was hoping to find a mentor or someone who can give me some pointers and make the occasional jump with me but I am afraid that this would conflict with the DZ's position/vibe with regards to the school. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Blue Skys.
J
J
YSD#0009

Ditto on that, SkyDolphin -

CoHo- Let us know where you are and I (we) can send you some names. And about how many jumps do you have? You can PM me. Or its [email protected]

There are tons of folks out there who will jump with you. No 'coach' fee or group to sign up with or meet at a special time. None of that crap. Just plain old fashioned skydiver to skydiver fun. These people dont advertise. You just have to know who they are.

Funny you should mention -Mentor-. I have a Mentor Program thru AirAnn.com. My site is rather down right now but the program exists. I have helped folks from all over. I pair low # skydivers with experienced ones. One on one. It works really well.

~AirAnn~

I will ground coach you all day for free and give you some good drill dives you can do to practice your skills, and we organize loads all weekend.

You get one free coach jump per weekend (pay coach jumps are only $30 all slots included).

Me (Ramon)
Levin (vSCS #2)
and Brian Moffet (aka Muffin, AD A 197)
are all available for load organizing, ground coaching and other coaching
at Sky Dive Houston.]

come out, I'll jump with you .:)
ramon
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Muffin?

Thanks Ramon (AKA Soon to be announced)

BTW it's Bryan Moffett

Are you going to Dallas?

Oh, Ann
He's from Lynnwood, Washington and jumps at Richland Skysports. And he probably has a little over 50 jumps.

Kiss, Kiss, Bryan

Eric Butts said that was your nick name and I wasn't going to argue......:D

Can't go to Dallas ($) and I figure you guys won't really need me with all the talent that will be there (and there will be no shortage of cameras).

Good luck though, I hope you get everyone docked.

ramon (aka "Brian's shitlist", aka "Dirty Rat")
GRat #39
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Thanks for all the help guys. Yep I'm from the rainy state but I am currently soaking up the sun in LA. SkyDolphin gave me some hints about going to Perris and talking with manifest about newbie loads as well as a contact at Elsinore. Sorry Ramon, while I would love to get out there I think the lone star state is a good drive. Thanks for the offer though. I will gladly take you up on it if I ever stroll on through.

Thanks for the Help.
Jensen;)
J
YSD#0009