mjosparky

Pillow reserve handles & RSL's

Thanks for the info Sparky. I made my first jump in 82. I still use an RSL and AAD. Take a look at the fatality that happened at Rantoul a few weeks ago (I was there). Sounds like a RSL could have saved this man's life. He had a malfunction, cut it away, but ran out of altitude trying to get the reserve out!
We could argue this point forever. It's your life and it's your death. You decide!

You are right, we could argue this point forever. In the mean time how many newer jumpers read what has been posted and realized there are options in this sport and they need to make every effort to educate themselves in all aspects of skydiving. Only then can they make wise decision on what options are right for them.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You are right, we could argue this point forever. In the mean time how many newer jumpers read what has
been posted and realized there are options in this sport and they need to make every effort to educate
themselves in all aspects of skydiving. Only then can they make wise decision on what options are right for
them.

Correct!...I just wanted to point out that an RSL is not a perfect device...Nor is an AAD..They are better than nothing 99% of the time, but both can cause problems.

I just hate it when I hear some new (and some old) jumper say that they are "safe" since they have "X" cool toy.

Skydiving equipment can save you or kill you depending on hundereds of variables...I just want people to know both the good, the possible bad, and the chances of either happening with any gear choice. Not to just blindly make a choice.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You are right, we could argue this point forever. In the mean time how many newer jumpers read what has
been posted and realized there are options in this sport and they need to make every effort to educate
themselves in all aspects of skydiving. Only then can they make wise decision on what options are right for
them.

Correct!...I just wanted to point out that an RSL is not a perfect device...Nor is an AAD..They are better than nothing 99% of the time, but both can cause problems.

I just hate it when I hear some new (and some old) jumper say that they are "safe" since they have "X" cool toy.

Skydiving equipment can save you or kill you depending on hundereds of variables...I just want people to know both the good, the possible bad, and the chances of either happening with any gear choice. Not to just blindly make a choice.

Ron

Watch it, that's way to close to what I posted!B|B|B|

I just love it when I pop in after a week or so off (of the damn internet that is, and ON instead in REAL LIFE! :S) ...and I see my children have made nice :)

Makes ME feel all warm & fuzzy inside too. :P

Now those soft pillow reserve handles boy ...THAT is what is really gonna kill ya. --DOH!
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I just love it when I pop in after a week or so off (of the damn internet that is, and ON instead in REAL LIFE! :S) ...and I see my children have made nice :)

Makes ME feel all warm & fuzzy inside too. :P

Now those soft pillow reserve handles boy ...THAT is what is really gonna kill ya. --DOH!

GOD will get you for that remark, thats if I don't get you first.:ph34r:B|

Now that everyone is all warm and fuzzy, can we get back to:

Oh yeah.....

RSL's can be good or bad, but the pillow handles are straight from the devil himself!!!!!!

I don't have an RSL or Pilllow reserve...I have had a hard time finding my Cutaway once, and that fixed me to never want a Reserve pillow.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Now that everyone is all warm and fuzzy, can we get back to:

Oh yeah.....

RSL's can be good or bad, but the pillow handles are straight from the devil himself!!!!!!

I don't have an RSL or Pilllow reserve...I have had a hard time finding my Cutaway once, and that fixed me to never want a Reserve pillow.

I have a metal handle on both sides. I have never seen a handle fold under the mlw. I don't have an RSL or a Pillow reserve but I do have dyslexia!B|
Pillow only has 2 L's
Sparky:S

I have a metal handle on both sides. I have never seen a handle fold under the mlw. I don't have an RSL or
a Pillow reserve but I do have dyslexia!
Pillow only has 2 L's
Sparky

Read what I wrote.....Duh!..I said I DIDN'T have a Pilllow handle....No one does.. I don't have a pillow reserve either BTW or even a PILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOW handle.

Jeeze.

And speell chque is 4 loosrs.

Ron

I have a metal handle on both sides. I have never seen a handle fold under the mlw. I don't have an RSL or
a Pillow reserve but I do have dyslexia!
Pillow only has 2 L's
Sparky

Read what I wrote.....Duh!..I said I DIDN'T have a Pilllow handle....No one does.. I don't have a pillow reserve either BTW or even a PILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOW handle.

Jeeze.

And speell chque is 4 loosrs.

Ron

I don't understand,"I don't have a pillow handle....No one does"

I think what he is stating is the interpretive differentiation (or maybe even outright definition ...but I'm not running off to the dictionary or anything) between pillow style and handle type. If you have a handle (like a D-ring for instance), I suppose it implies in of itself that you can NOT therefore have a "pillow". By definition they are mutually exclusive. You either have one or the other.

I don't have a pillow reserve either BTW

That would be a neat trick now though! If either of you do get one of these, please let me know how it all works out! ;)

Blue Skyz,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I think what he is stating is the interpretive differentiation (or maybe even outright definition ...but I'm not running off to the dictionary or anything) between pillow style and handle type. If you have a handle (like a D-ring for instance), I suppose it implies in of itself that you can NOT therefore have a "pillow". By definition they are mutually exclusive. You either have one or the other.

I don't have a pillow reserve either BTW

That would be a neat trick now though! If either of you do get one of these, please let me know how it all works out! ;)

Blue Skyz,
-Grant

What I was saying is I have a metal "D" handle on both sides, one for the reserve and one for cutaway. Is that what you think would be a neat trick? Pillows are for sleeping on.
Sparky

Look at how many lll's I had in there.

A Pilllow handle does not exist.

Pillow handles do.

Again making fun of me not using spell check....

Hench the "spelll cheq is 4 loosrs"