chemist

sharing footage of skydiving in clouds

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on this. You see videos all the time that include jumps falling through clouds. This poll obviously only refers to jumps made where it is illegal or against the rules to jump through a cloud.

EDIT: if answering choice 3 you can assume the video you are sharing doesn't include things like tail#

Other option: sometimes ok to jump (outside US or at dropzones who don't care), in those circumstances ok to post.

Cloud jump footage can be deceiving with parallax and depth perception changing with the camera footage. Also, mist that is see through from the top looks different on camera, so I've been told.That said, posting evidence of FAA violations does totally get on my nerves!

I voted for two, but the very important part is to only do it if can be done reasonably safely. That means the group should not be too big and the plan should be well withing their ability and a few other things.
If it does not cost anything you are the product.