skydiveoc

Corrupt SD cards from Hero 3 silver

Houston…we have a problem. The DZ has a huge bug with corrupt micro sd card message. Sometimes, the footage is unreadable. Have had to take to local computer mad scientist to recover data. Happpening to various videographers, different sticks, brands. All class 10 or better.

We replaced all cards, sd card readers, had puters wiped and we were good for about 2 days. But…its baaaaack.

Any one else having an issue?

We have been running good for over 2 years with these cameras, Hero 3 Silvers.

skydiveoc

Houston…we have a problem. The DZ has a huge bug with corrupt micro sd card message. Sometimes, the footage is unreadable. Have had to take to local computer mad scientist to recover data. Happpening to various videographers, different sticks, brands. All class 10 or better.

We replaced all cards, sd card readers, had puters wiped and we were good for about 2 days. But…its baaaaack.

Any one else having an issue?

We have been running good for over 2 years with these cameras, Hero 3 Silvers.

I just had to return a Sandisk Ultra Class 10 64gb Micro SD card for warranty replacement after a similar issue. It wouldn't read in any computer for longer than a few seconds, but I'm not sure if it was the camera or the card. Have you updated the firmware on the camera?

After speaking with both SanDisk and GoPro there appears to be an issue with certain cards (particularly the Ultra series) and the Hero3 at capacities over 32gb, due to filing problems with exFAT. SanDisk replaced my card (their warranty period and service is excellent) with a Pixtor model which they said would be less likely to encounter the problem. They also advised me to use 32gb or less cards for GoPro applications and to put the card in the camera before any computer.