af14cphelan

Curved Flatlock on a G3

I typically jump a flat top pro with all the bells and whistles but I was looking for something lighter and with a full face for those cold jump days or when im not doing actual video work. I just got in a G3 and curved flatlock adapter that i plan on using with my beloved cx110.

Do you guys have any ideas for how to properly drill and mount the flatlock so that i get it centered left-right and also the correct angle front to back for best overall usage. Anyone with experience jumping a G3 mounted with a traditional camera care to way in?

Also I do a lot of 4 way video and am used to a ring sight. I am toying with the idea of putting a post in the visor and using a sight on the outside or maybe just sticking with the tried and tested paper asshole. Thoughts?

Also on the safety side i am l looking into brian germains quick release buckle. any other options i should consider?

Thanks!

Bill (from airspeed last year) jumped a dual CX setup on a G3 with a ring sight on the lens. I'm not sure if he is on here, but you might reach out to him.

Recent pics I've seen make it look like Justin (airspeed this year) might be jumping something similar. His Dad posts on here often... not sure if he is in this forum though.

Those guys will do close to 1000 jumps per year...if anyone had any tips or tricks, they would probably good ones to ask.

the mount for the dual flat locks that go onto a G3 are available from hypoxic (link below). I just ruined a FTP in a swooping accident and am thinking about replacing it with a G3 dual camera set up but I wonder if it will be as stable as a FTP :S

http://www.gethypoxic.com/browse/camera-mounts.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=149&category_id=7

To set it from front to back, dont set the helmet down on the open part where your head goes in but set it so the visor is straight up and down and then you will have the top of your helmet. Also make sure how ever you position your mount that you have enough clearance for your visor to go up. Shouldn't be a problem though. You can also get some double sided scotch tape to put your mount on so you can early adjust it before drilling holes into a 400 dollar helmet.