Idgy

Canon VIXIA Mini

Other than Canon not building this themselves, what gives the impression it's the "best skydiving action-vid camera?"
Low bitrate, always-on display...
Looking forward to playing with it, but I don't think it's a contender.
GoPro, Replay, Sony are the current choices. When Contour comes back online with their new re-org, I think they'll be seriously competitive too.

I said "potential .... given its form factor."

I would say the form factor makes it all wrong. Wide and thin making it only suitable for top mounting and very poor for side mounting. Not very flexible at all. Except possibly a handcam?
Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I said "potential .... given its form factor."

I would say the form factor makes it all wrong. Wide and thin making it only suitable for top mounting and very poor for side mounting. Not very flexible at all. Except possibly a handcam?
Ken

Yeah. I was thinking on a flat top helmet, like a 2K Composites or something. I'd be interested to see how it might work out.

it doesnt have the functionality of the GoProBlack

You mean it doesnt shut off automaticly mid jump, doesnt have the same 'function' where it doesnt switch on, and doesnt constantly need new firmware updates to actually work?:P;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?