Ahuey

Canon T4i

Has anyone tried this new camera out yet? Wondering if it is worth the extra dough. It's probably not but I like new gadgets so I am thinking about getting one. It shoots a lot faster and better focus capability compared to t3i and t2i. I have consistently wished for more exit shots with my T2i.

I haven't tried the T4i, but I agree that it looks like a good prospect.

I use the T2i and have been considering getting the 50D and trying them out together and keeping the winner. There are some areas where the T* series will always beat the 50D, but there are a few good things about the 50D.

550D/650D has:

- Better quality images and better handling of noise at higher iso (uses the same sensor as the 7D).
- Shoots video.
- Lighter and thinner.

Where as the 50D has micro focus adjustment which is great, and a faster frame rate than the 550D or 650D, with less shutter lag and longer battery life.

The 50D is better for sports shorts, but if you're planning on shooting at ISO 800+ much, then the 650D will take the edge I think. If I'm not mistaken both are now 9 point cross focus as opposed to the 550Ds single cross focal point in the center. The 50D is also a much better build, with magnesium as opposed to plastic, but naturally it is also larger and heavier...