tobyiscool1982

Mounting TG1 on Z1evo open face

Hey I'm mounting a tg1 and cookie box on a z1 open face Evo I've never mounted a camera before and was wondering if anyone had any advice, washers? Angles? Threadlocker? I really have no experience with this but am trying no to put 10 holes in a helmet that only needs 4 please help
We can't all be smart....

I would think the Z1 Evo would be a horrible helmet to try and put a camcorder on. Maybe it just mine but they fit horribly and move constantly(and yes according to their fit chart I have the correct size). When flying my wingsuit with it the chin strap starts choking me as the helmet is trying to come off behind me. I really doubt even with a chin cup that you could put one on and it be in the same place 2 times in a row. IMHO that is why no one responded
Kirk
He's dead Jim

I would put on the helmet and have someone help me find my natural line of sight. A easy way is by wearing the helmet and look comfortably at an object. Have someone mark this line with a piece of tape. This is now that the camera should square up with anglewise. Then put the box, camera and lens on and place it somewhere that fits and is square with that line. Mark this. Have you buddy hold up the box to your head and record a few seconds of footage. Make sure your nose and goggles is not in the frame. Next, take out the lining, and mark the holes with a sharpie. Drill slowly. Install the screws with a dab of locktight and a flat washer and you should be good.

As far as is the helmet is good for this, its up to you; but this is how u mount it.
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC