visionfx2011

Any DZ's offering Handycam???

We started shooting tandem videos with Sony CX-110's and stills with gopro HD's as IV (Instructor view) handycam dual setup with great results. Anybody know anyone else doing this or similar and if so, prices? Instructor share? Instructor editing or DZ editor? Thanks in advance for the input.

I'm at a small low key 182 DZ. I only do about 300 tandems a year from APR to OCT. My pay may not be a good reference because we're a small operation, but normally I get 35 for a tandem or 50 for handcam. I currently use a gopro with the cookie mount (for handcam video). This was the first season that I had the gopro, and I've been thinking of doing the same as your dz and getting an additional gopro for photos. I've tested mine for hc photos and they come out great. Typically our dz charges 70 for hc. I would expect to charge 100 for photo and video out of a handcam setup. I would personally expect an extra 10 or 15 dollars as a TI for doing that. I suppose it would depend on what you currently pay your people and what you charge. I also edit all of my videos at the end of the day. I see you didn't get much of a response, so hope this helps.