pst

Split slider or collapsible

It's not likely you'd forget to re-assemble a split slider, but they are a pain in the ass, read time consuming. They are good for accuracy canopies.

Stick with a standard collapsible slider.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

about accuracy canopies...
I have a Para-foil 252 and I want to put a split slider on it. My boyfriend says that a collapsible slider is better because the canopy is about 8 years old (but only 30 jumps) and I'll get better openings.
What do you think?

ralu

what would be a woman without her dreams....

WEEEELLLLLLLL....

I'm not so sure you'll see much difference in the openings. If it's the correct size slider, split or all sail, then It's negligible.

Also, if you plan to pull the slider down after you open a nice collapsible slider (properly sizesd of course) sure is easy to work with.

I've got a couple hundred jumps with a split slider, I got used to it quickly, but you have to put it back together after every jump. It's time consuming and the benifits did not outway the trouble.

So for opening sake don't worry about it. For ease of handling purposes, I'd go with the Collapsible.

NOW then!... if you're going to compete in accuracy, go bug a big time accuracy geek because they will have a certain wisdom that I'll never have.

I hope that helps

Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto