I3uller

Shaky Cx110 video

Hey guys just a quick question. I set my CX 110 to standard image stabilization and seemed to get a small high frequency shake during freefall. Should I turn it onto the advanced setting or just turn it off completely? It's not horrible but noticeable. I can provide footage of the problem if needed. Thanks a ton for the help.

Are you keeping your head still? I used to always turn off the IS but with the newer cameras, jumping with IS makes no visible difference and it comes in helpful when zooming in for student landings etc. But you really have to keep your head still ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

"small high frequency shake during freefall"

do you mean the camera is shaking or when you watch the video on TV the picture looks like its shaking. I noticed on some tvs when Im watch the raw video I get some strange shake but Im not smart enought to know what it is. However I noticed that after I run the video through the editing program it looks fine. Just wondering if youre noticing the same thing or if you mean camera shake.

@freefalle;
you *might* be referring to what the industry has given the highly technical term of "marching ants" or twitter. Interlaced source+progressive (or interlaced display)+not so hot decoder or cranked detail can create issues.
Also can happen if your camera has "detailing" or "detail coring" turned up.
This is especially noticeable with medium-grade cams such as the EX1/EX3, HVX200

I have a cx-110. It does the same thing in "Active", now I have it in "Standard" and it doesn't vibrate picture (that's how I describe it). I've used "off" before also, and that is fine too. Another anomoly happened once though. I turned it on, getting to the DZ to set my focus for the day, and none of the focus settings would react (all blury), not auto-focus, spot, or manual. Anybody seen that. My Hypeye D was plugged in at the time.
Life is short ... jump often.

I have 3 different 0.3 lenses for my cx105. A Raynox, Royal and Opteka - they all have different fields of view.

With the Raynox i jump with IS on. With the Royal and Opteka the footage looks much steadier to my eye with the IS off.

Therefore my thoughts would be that it could depend on the lens as well as the IS mode (i think the CX105/100 only has 1 IS mode)
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk