Mann

Editing HD tandem-footage on-the-spot, fast. Any ideas?

Oh, never mind. Guess that's what the other few hundred dollars gets you.;)

Among several other things, yes.
Scripting is kind of a big deal, the AVC decoder is too.
The rest of it is kinda useless for most tandem/skydiving purposes, but there are a lot of other cool tools too.

I am using another system very similar to this that is being released very soon. It has its own host and player though and embeds to your website and sends an email to the customer with a link to the video.

Can you combine avchd and mp4 footage on that system?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

It's a very well-done tool, thought out nicely.
Copyright and patents weren't thought out well, it seems.
I for one, wouldn't want to go up against a huge electronics and software company.

'Seems to me' the idea was copied off Mike and his real xstream software in development now, a bit close to home but that is business. And competition drives for a better product for the consumer.

RXT is a much more user freindly as it 'is' its own editing software, you can take as many or a little thumbnails as you like, it includes royalty free music and has online support.

Should be out for your next season. We are using it now, just started using it this week actually as the features I required have been added successfully and is working without a glitch so for....

There are some very good features on RXT that help the SEO for the company too, hosting the vids on your own website give you hits and looks really good.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

RealXtream wasn't even a dream nor a glimmer in the eye when Broadcast Assistant (now Production Assistant) was born, so get your facts straight.

Funny how the interface looks identical to ours, so it'll be an interesting discussion between Sony and RXT. And that said, I can say nothing more other than it's sad a skydiver would rip off a product almost word for word, feature for feature.

RealXtream wasn't even a dream nor a glimmer in the eye when Broadcast Assistant

I am talking about, www.swoopware.com.au not broadcast assistant.

RXT is skydiving specific, swoopware is skydive specific, production assitant is a plug in. RXT is the whole lot.

I am not dgoing to get into a debate about production assistant, as it is not designed specifically for skydiving with handicam or outside camera and heights and aircraft etc etc. as you have aklways said skydiving is too small of a market for sony to create anything specifically for.

I was saying swoopware was similar to RXT, And that swoopware is a plug in and RXT is not a plug in.

It is a comprehensive package that does it all itself that is it,

I even said it was a good thing. whats the problem?

RealXtream wasn't even a dream nor a glimmer in the eye when Broadcast Assistant (now Production Assistant) was born, so get your facts straight.

Funny how the interface looks identical to ours, so it'll be an interesting discussion between Sony and RXT. And that said, I can say nothing more other than it's sad a skydiver would rip off a product almost word for word, feature for feature.

Speedracer7 has jumped the gun as I haven't yet completed the help and configuration documentation and I'm not actively promoting my software. I'm the developer behind 270 Flash Vids available from swoopware.com. I'm confused as you switch between RealXTreme and my software but I assume you're talking about my software as RXT is a stand alone product and mine is a plugin for Vegas as per Production Assistant.

To suggest I've ripped off Production Assistant with an identical product is not fair. The only similarity is that we both populate empty events in a Vegas template with source media. I've created a product that removes the need for any end user editing and automates the entire production process. Production Assistant does not provide what my software does. If it did, I never would have started down this very busy crazy year.

I've been trying to get a reseller license from Sony without any luck so I would be surprised if Sony would start discussions with a small one-man start up in a niche market actively selling their flagship product. Why not download and try the freeware version before suggesting the products are identical? You'll quickly see it's a vastly different product from Production Assistant.

Can you combine avchd and mp4 footage on that system?

Yes, anything Sony Vegas supports.

...the idea was copied off Mike and his real xstream software in development now

I know Mike well and although the products are similar, my direction came from the presentation given by DSE in 2009. I've shared many beers with Mike and we've talked about cross product integration. RXT is far easier to setup and configure. My software is more customisable as it's template driven but it also requires Sony Vegas Pro and video editing knowledge. Our markets are different.

Mick Hardy

Hi Mick,

This is getting confusing, I suggested the swopware was similar to RXT, this was before I knew it was a plug in and not a stand alone product.

DSE said that your product was well thought out, then I said it was similar to RXT, before finding it was a plug in for vegas pro, and not a stand alone product.

DSE then said that RXT was similar to broadcast assistant/ P.I. and I replied to that.

Seems we are all getting our wires crossed.

I also talked to Mikey about your product and we all agree that they are not the same (similar), and that competition is a good thing.

RXT is a stand alone, editing-booking and hosting program.

Swooperware is a vegas pro plug in that uploads to youtube.

they are similar but not the same, but they are both specific to skydiving.

production assisatant is also a plug in but not specific to skydiving...

they are all different, they all can be used by skydiving companies or individuals to produce their product.

Competition is a good thing, it keeps you on your toes, keeps things fresh, and stops you from resting on your laurels and stagnating.

I have no experience with vegas, but I have experience with RXT and I am very impressed with it.

I have just started using it for bookings and editing/uploading. It has been very effective, our customers are very inpressed too, when they find out they get an email with a link to their video for instant sharing world wide.

All these products are great and are well thought out, I have affiliation with RXT through knowing and working with mikey and will stick with that. He has gone out of his way to help me with it (prioritising adding MP4) and I will go out of my way to help him. Time will tell what the market wants however.

Good luck B|.

This is getting confusing, I suggested the swopware was similar to RXT, this was before I knew it was a plug in and not a stand alone product.

DSE said that your product was well thought out, then I said it was similar to RXT, before finding it was a plug in for vegas pro, and not a stand alone product.

DSE then said that RXT was similar to broadcast assistant/ P.I. and I replied to that.

Not quite, and for purposes of clarification (legal issue), I was referring to Swoopware being similar to PA. I've been asked to not comment further on the matter.

Not quite, and for purposes of clarification (legal issue), I was referring to Swoopware being similar to PA. I've been asked to not comment further on the matter.

Ahh no you were not, you did not even mention swoopware, please re read what you said.

So 'you' get your facts straight.

You cannot change what you have said. You basically accused mikey of ripping off Sony

I understand that you cannot comment any further. But you might want to take your foot out of your mouth.

My apologies to Mike, who I confused with Mick.

Either way, I was referring to your earlier comment about Swoopware in my mind, whether you comprehended it that way or not.
You suggested we ripped off RXT or Swoopware, I clarified.
Keep pushing...

Just for clarification. Swoopware 270 Flash Vids does not in any way breach the copyright of Sony Production Assistant and I have used my sole intellectual property to design and build the Swoopware 270 Flash Vids software application from the ground up. I have no agents. I built the software in my spare time while holding down a full time job and working the dropzone on the weekends. I have no affiliation with any other companies or individuals in regards to this software.

I'm hugely surprised Sony think my software is a threat as it actively produces sales for their flagship product. I designed and built 270 Flash Vids because at the time there were no other applications available to meet our requirements. I notified Sony about my application and requested a reseller license for Sony Vegas more than six months ago.

To date, I know every single person who has downloaded a copy of 270 Flash Vids. I suggest downloading and installing my software to see it has very little in common with Production Assistant before claiming they are identical. We both populate empty events in a Vegas Template with source media from digital cameras and that is where any similarity ends.

Mick Hardy

Not to sure what happen to my last post :S Mann have you had a look at swoopware its a great program made for skydivers that helped me out heaps , edits all my footage for me while i pack which means more jumps for me :D does DVD, Blu-ray, photos, uploads to youtube and even emails the customer with the link. check it out www.swoopware.com

unfortunately, Studio doesn't have the API unlocked to sink hooks into.
Studio is a stand alone. You can do all the same stuff, just not the automation part.

FWIW, you can get really fast with the Studio product too, and burn in under 10 mins, even though most of it is manual.

how do i get the render burn time down ?
Even when i select burn to dvd its taking 10 to 15 minutes

There are so many potential answers...it's hard to pinpoint.
~Maybe a faster burner?
~Faster DVD (ie; x16 vs x 4?)
~Bottlenecks in the system?
~other apps running?
~rendering to incorrect format and having to re-encode in DVDA?
~Slow CPU?
~Lack of RAM?