WMO

Editing on PC

A quick search of the forum will net you Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas.
Vegas is far more intuitive, IMO

Ever question about editing ends with Vegas as the answer, You have to have one hell of a machine and the software is $800 as well.

What is the benefit or more so the payback for this HD footage versus SD video.

and do you have your editing creation available to check out, not the lets sell this product hyped up version, but a busy day at the DZ 15 min version.

No, you don't have to have "one helluva machine."
I'm currently editing on a very old 1.8GHz machine.

If you want to run 10 copies of Vegas at once, and want full automation on all of them...and want to burn 3 DVDs at once...yes. You need one helluva machine.

Yep, even tho I'm an Adobe, Apple, and Sony certified trainer, I prefer Vegas. If you can show me *any* software that is as fast and has as many options (and is as easy to use) that sells for only 500.00 (with automation software and other goodies) then I'll go that route instead.

You don't like my answer....but offer nothing in its stead?:S

Was not downing the the product, maybe it came out wrong.

Was just wanting some insight on what makes it worth the cost and added equipment over conventional linear editing besides the obvious quality.

I can complete an edit in 10 min with a Sony burner,mixer and TM 3000.

But with the vegas system, could I be packing while its doing its thing?

Yes, you can be packing while it's doing its thing. A lot of people do.
There is a video on vimeo linked in an above thread. It'll show you how the process can be automated.

There is a very good reason a lot of videographers and DZ's use Vegas and the automation, just like a lot of videographers use Sony camcorders and Canon cameras. They're all products that have demonstrated their stability, efficiency, and quality in the small world of skydiving.

As I understand it... the Pro version is the only one that allows automation...

But the automation isn't absolutely necessary to create a tandem video... a template is more then enough to do so... and Joe Schmo at home doesn't really need the automation capablilities of Vegas Pro...

A DZ/business might be able to justify it... whereas your home user can certainly get by with vegas movie studio...

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum is a very capable editor...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I use the patinum version and just have some templates set up and ready to go. It took a little practice to get good with it, but I can put out a video just as fast or a little faster than those on the linear system. If I needed to put out dvds on a back to back basis, I would spring for the pro and the Vasst plugins.

Yep, even tho I'm an Adobe, Apple, and Sony certified trainer, I prefer Vegas. If you can show me *any* software that is as fast and has as many options (and is as easy to use) that sells for only 500.00 (with automation software and other goodies) then I'll go that route instead.

You don't like my answer....but offer nothing in its stead?:S

I don't DON'T like your answer but for $500 I'll edit his videos* for one year until he figures out how to work the program.:D

*notice: the offer is good for upto 30 videos in the first year.
HEll, $500 doesn't go far but if you don't read the fine print just send me a check and we'll take it from there.

I think I started editing on ULEAD studios.
It' nothing spectacular but it was freeware.
My photos

My Videos