projekt9

Sony HC21 vs. HC32

Hey all,
I currently use my HC21 for everything from tandem videos to BASE jumping and everything in between. I have a Rawa helmet and the HC21 fits in the box perfectly. The one drawback is that it has no SD card slot. The HC32 seems to be the exact same camera as the HC21 (as far as I can tell) except that it DOES have a card slot.

My question is thus: Does anyone have knowledge of the dimensions of both the cameras? I would like to buy a used HC32 and use it in my current helmet. I don't want to have to buy a new box or make any adjustments to my helmet.

Any help/advice would be awesome.

Corey O.

Its not an SD card slot, its an Memory Stick Pro slot. The MS cards on the older HC cameras bordered on useless, all you could do with them was turn the camera into a still camera for a single shot here or there, it would not record full quality (even the lower SD quality) video to the memory card.

I don't see any advantages to using the HC-32 over the HC-21
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The difference is that you can record onto an HC30 series like a VCR, comes in handy for dubbing. The power switch may stick out farther on the 32 than on the 21, but I'm not positive. I know that the bracket I made for a guys HC32 had to be cut out more to clear the power switch than my HC30 was.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.