DSE

New Photo Contest!!!

It's time for the next photo contest!
This one is quite simple, and easy for those that live in regions that aren't skydiving due to weather. We'll hold one with aerial subjects soon enough.

RULES

-Take a photo of any skydiving related object.
-No compositing allowed. Tweak the color in an image editor for color, crop, etc, but you may not composite images.
-The photo must be taken BY you.
-Photo must be taken after today's date.

We'll play this one a bit differently.
-Size the image to smaller than 200k.
-PM the image to me.
-I'll post all the images on March 15.
-Images will be anonymous, we'll vote on them in a poll.

Prize TBA.

If the image doesn't need image editing/management, more power to you. Using an image editor is not the goal nor part of this exercise.
The point of this exercise is to stretch the eye after a long winter...angle, lens choice, lighting, shot composition...
Have fun with it! Looking forward to seeing the creativity of the crew here.

I assumed he means no HDR, or assembling in Photoshop.

I figured that is what he meant as well and it would be nice to get some clarification... not allowing something like focus stacking, HDR, etc does... shall we say... limit a few avenues of creativity...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

mixing two images together is compositing.
Basically anything that involves layers is compositing. Color correction/Cropping doesn't involve layers.

The point of the exercise is to take great pix, not show off image editing skills.

The point of the exercise is to take great pix, not show off image editing skills.

FWIW: I'm not going to have time to enter... my issue with issue/consern with the no compositing is that things like focus stacking/HDR are viable tools in the digital world to create pictures...

Focus stacking for example is not just an image editing technique it's a creative tool that is comonly employed in macrophotography...

I guess I just don't understand the need for imposing the limitation of no compositing...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

FWIW: I'm not going to have time to enter... my issue with issue/consern with the no compositing is that things like focus stacking/HDR are viable tools in the digital world to create pictures...

Focus stacking for example is not just an image editing technique it's a creative tool that is comonly employed in macrophotography...

I guess I just don't understand the need for imposing the limitation of no compositing...

Because the contest is related to photography, not image editing.

The idea is to encourage people to think about their PHOTOGRAPHY skills, picture composition, angles, exposure, y'know...all that stuff that relates to photography, not image editing.
Maybe one day we'll run a contest that only photoshop editors can enter.

If you don't have the time to enter, you probably don't need to worry about the rules of this particular contest. Problem solved.;)

Is there a certain size you want the pictures in? I'll have to do "save for web" in Elements to meet the file size requirements. I'm in the process of getting an entry, just want to have a few to pick from before I decide which one to enter.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.