lister55

Need Computer Advice

I am in the market to get a laptop and want to use it for editing video. I will be purchasing a cx100 and Sony Vegas. I have a limited budget and can not afford a i7 machine at this time. I need to keep my price under $800. Will a dual core do the trick? I will be heading off to Best Buy tomorrow to have a look around. Will I do better to purchase from Best Buy or purchase from the web so I can pick and choose my components? Thanks for the info...

compare the prices, I have seen the same computers they advertised on the web cheaper in the stores and visa versa.

As for dual core, I have one, a dell and it's worked okay so far. Im no computer guru though so I'll let someone else answer that better than I.

Chuck Bryan

If your not set on the laptop, for 800 you can buy a hell of alot faster desktop that will be more suited for editing hd video. If not I would suggest going to dell and customizing something that meets your needs, not something they can push off the shelf at bestbuy.
Indoor Skydiving Source - The Leading Indoor Skydiving Resource