skyjumpenfool

Sony tech support sucks!!!!!

I just spent the last 2.5 hours trying to get service for a camcorder that won't turn on. As a result of my complete and total frustration[:/] with Sony, I'm now searching for a bottle of Crown Royal! :S

Does anyone have a suggestion (helpful suggestions appreciated, but smart ass comments are welcome) where to get a Sony DCR HC-48 camcorder serviced? The damn thing is like new and will not turn on.

Oh, and did I mention that Sony's customer support sucks??????
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

And they're *usually* pretty fast, depending on whether it goes to San Diego (slow) or Austin (fast).
New Jersey is now closed for consumer products (like the 48) so it would likely go to Austin.
But...sometimes I'm SURE they slip up.

45 minutes of chatroom troubleshooting followed by being told I need to send the camera in...

So, I'm off to a new url to request service... after filling out all the screens including credit card info, the final screen says "Sorry, this page is not available at this time. Please try later." Tried again several times... no luck.

Now I'm back to the service chat... I had to explain the situation several times to a new rep. Only to be told I need to call.....

So, I call! Sony's machine answers on the first ring. I now need to answer a long list of questions by pressing #1, 2, or 3. Finally, I'm asked to “please wait”. So, I do.

16:30 minutes later (on my cell phone), an "English Second Language" rep answers and begins to ask a series of questions. The same ones I just answered by pressing buttons. Of course, I have to spell my name about 13 times.

Finally, after many minutes of explanations, this rep begins the same troubleshooting process the original rep (who by the way was very helpful) did. After being forced to repeat the hard resets and such, this brain surgeon tells me I need to send the unit in to Sony…. Brilliant!

Do I need to go on or do you get the picture? I love my Sony camerasB|… This, however, was not an enjoyable experience. [:/]

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

...this brain surgeon tells me I need to send the unit in to Sony…. Brilliant!

Brain surgeon at Sony customer support... LOL!:D:D
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no