jwcotting

Adapt Conceptus Tongue Switch for Canon to fit Nikon D700

I bought a Conceptus tongue switch for a canon as it was all I could find and want to use it on my Nikon D700 which has a 10 pin plug. Does anyone know of an adapter or how it can be modified, please?
thanks, jwcotting

There are very clear instructions for modifying a Conceptus switch to a proprietary switch on conceptus' website. I just did it with the D90.

You buy a nikon remote and use that plug + a bit of the wire. Either cut off the canon plug and connect the wires or (better option) leave the canon plug alone and connect the nikon plug to a female for the canon plug. That way you can always switch out the tongueswitch for another without having to bother about the plug. Or, easiest of all, contact Laszlo for a ready-made Nikon compatible pro-mouth switch ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

i just ordered a canon 3 pin version of this (10 bucks) and the 2.5mm-3.5mm conversion cable (2 bucks).

Might wouk for you, too.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/615570-REG/Dot_Line_RS_RTC_N10_RTS_Replacement_Adapter_for.html#