Wharewaka

REC Light

I want to build my own recording light. Some HD cameras don't have the light now. Does any one know how to build a simple light. Just a cable with a led light and plug that I can keep plugged in to my camera always and tape the to the camera. No other functions, just the light?

HypEye already has one, the Mini. There is a LANC version or a D plug version. No controls, just a light.
The 10 pin is well documented, Laszlo makes an adapter for the CamEye, and Extreeme Recall in Nevada makes one too.
HypEye is the lowest cost, IIRC.

Just what I need, the Mini, thanks! ( I use Sony)

While I'm here, whats the name of the tape that I see many people use for their helmets and cameras. The one that leaves no marks. What market is that tape manufactured for, if I would go out and search for a store that might have it.

You're looking for gaffers tape.

BH Photo has it, that's where I picked up mine from, along with some other items... recommended on this forum, turned out to be a very good outfit to do business with!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Any general theatrical store will carry gaffers tape in a variety of widths, sometimes as narrow as .5" and as wide as 6".

Cheaper there, too.
I buy mine from General Theatrical in SLC, but there are many resellers.
Just don't use duct tape.