davidfreefly

CX100 - MPEG 4 EDITION

hI FRIENDS,

I can not edit SD videos from my Cx100 (cx105 europe) because are MPEG 4 and windows movie maker, pinnacle or sony vegas are not compatibe.

Any helP? Any codec? I need a quick solution, converting from mpg4 to avi is too much time, i need something quick to edit tandem videos on the dropzone.

Regads

>Sorry could you explain better?

The camera will output regular video (i.e. via an RCA video cable.) It's either PAL or NTSC video depending on where you are.

Get a video to USB adapter, play the video back on the CX100, capture it to your computer via the adapter, then edit the resulting AVI file. You will lose a lot of resolution, but it's cheap and is faster than a slow AVCHD converter.

Ok, i understand, you mean capture video as we did with firewire and mini dv cams, but via usb.

Well, is not a bad idea, but im sure it has to be more solutions.

I have all videos on my labtop on mpeg 4 format. I cant belive that any video editing software can support mpeg4

Any edtition software supporting that format??

I have all videos on my labtop on mpeg 4 format. I cant belive that any video editing software can support mpeg4

Any edtition software supporting that format??

I'm not sure I understand what your problem is exactly...

SD footage from the CX-100/105 series camera is not mpeg-4 but is mpeg-2... and sony vegas should be able to read the footage.

The HD footage from the camera is AVCHD (which as I understand it is a variation of mpeg-4...) and there are several programs that can read AVCHD... Premiere Pro CS4, Sony Vegas Pro 8, Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9, and it can even be converted to be used in Final Cut Express (on an Intel Mac)...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...