AFJumper03

First time camera-flyer looking for lens advice

Glad to see so many positive postings about the CX-100, since I just ordered one!
I'm going to start camera flying this season and I was looking for some advice on a lens (or two).
I mostly freefly, and I tend to get in pretty close on most jumps, but I also jump with alot of new freeflyers so sometimes I stay far away :)
I'm torn between getting a .3 or a .5, since I wouldn't mind getting into tandems or RW video later on down the road. Would it be best to just get a .3 now and get a .5 later if I get into that stuff, or take the middle road and get one of these inbetween lenses I've been seeing?

Freeflyers, what brands do you love?

Thanks!

The .5 will be easier to match up with SLR lenses later down the road. Plus, since you are new a .5 will let you fly farther away and still get a good shot giving you a better margin for error and especially for safety!

Also, you can find good cheap .5s (or .45 which I prefer) on ebay that will suit your needs just fine for now. With the better .3s and such that are single pieces of glass it can become an issue with focusing and moisture if you jump in a humid DZ.

So many variables. Go cheap at first and see what you like. Upgrade from there.