Chris_K

Is there an equivilant for the Hypeye D Pro for non D shaped A/V ports?

Title says it all:

Is there an equivilant for the Hypeye D Pro for non D shaped A/V ports?

I generally dont like to fly sony due to the proprietary issues that they have and am looking for any equivilant to the hypeye. Non LANC.

Currently have a few HD camcorders that work really well, the only issue is the visual confirmation that the camera is on.
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.

Monkey gave you the only option available. Unless you want to use an IR remote, and you'll still need the mirror...
What "proprietary issues?"
I keep hearing about "Proprietary Sony issues" in various places (including here). There is nothing proprietary about OIS/EIS, and aside from the AV port shape...everything on a Sony camcorder is as standard as it gets.
Canon, on the other hand, does have a proprietary header file and 24p mechanism.

Memory sticks are another. I don't know if they have advantages, but I'd prefer SD cards...

I'd rather there be one standard Flash memory format, whatever it is... but unfortunately I don't see that happening...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

>Memory sticks are another. I don't know if they have advantages, but I'd prefer SD cards...

Memory stick sizes go to 2 terabytes. SD only goes to 2 gigabytes; a newer format (SD HC) goes to 2TB as well. Leads to compatibility problems.

Things seem to be converging to MS and SD. The Canon XS/XSi have moved from CF to SD, and many laptop computers are going to a single SD or MS reader instead of the older four-format slots.