flr169

Pelican Cases

Hey all..........

Just curious on what everyone is using to store / transport there camera gear....

I've got a FF3 that should be here in a week or so and I'm aslo thinking of taking on the project of building a custom Vapour Wes Pro helmet this winter.

So the case would have to fit the following :

1---FF3
1---Vapour Wes Pro
1---HC5
1---XSI

What are your sugestions and what size case do u think would be needed for all that plus the cables and batteries and etc....

thanks for the input...
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Use the search button.............

DOH

Well if anyone has any current info or pics could you please post....

Also sorry for the re-post of an all ready talked about subject...
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Well there is a bit of info but not much...

If there is any new info on this subject or even pics of your case and how u have your gear fitted in there would be greatly appreciated...

To fit the Wes Pro you are really limited since there are only a few cases that deep. I have a 1650 that I used to use, its just too bulky to haul around all the time anymore. I'll use it when I fly to an event but besides that its just too bulky to use to drag the gear the 150 feet from the trunk of the car to the hanger.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Nope, I've since converted the case for other uses and have the foam sitting around if I fly to a boogie/event. I haven't done that in about 2 years so the foam is gathering dust anymore.

I have taken to using a nice camera bag to haul the glass and bodies around in and then carrying the helmet in my freehand, I also use the same bag for taking the camera's with me on hikes and around town. The bag is just so much more practical.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I find for weekend to weekend usage just something like: Lowe Pro Bags works the best. I just clip the helmets to the bag or carry them. I end up carrying an array of different equipment each weekend so pelican cases would be more of a nuisance. They just seem a little over kill to me unless you are on a plane every weekend, like to look elite, or keep leaving your gear outside... (hmmm wait a minute :S (NOTE: An XTI may work perfectly after leaving it out in the sprinklers all night, at least mine did))

HYPOXIC

Nope, I've since converted the case for other uses and have the foam sitting around if I fly to a boogie/event...

I have taken to using a nice camera bag to haul the glass and bodies around in and then carrying the helmet in my freehand, I also use the same bag for taking the camera's with me on hikes and around town. The bag is just so much more practical

Ditto, ditto.

I have a Pelican (I think 1650, not sure), but I ONLY use it for my helmet now when I am flying. And then I still carry the actual cameras in a LowePro bag on board (CompuTrekker AW). The Pelican is just too much for back and forth to local DZs. Right now I am in Florida for two events (Team Elite and Kaleidoscope), and I drove so I could carry multiple rigs, cameras, printer, DVD burner, etc., etc. Even for this trip I left the Pelican at home. It was last used on a flight to carry my tripod, AC cords, tools and asst. stuff for a non-skydiving video shoot. Great cases, but IMHO you don't always need them.

P.S. I have three LowePro bags for stills and two Petrol bags for video cams. I wouldn't check them as luggage, but beyond that they are highly recommended.