PhreeZone

Non-Sony center repairs?

Anyone have any recommendations or experiences with repairs on Sony cameras outside Sony's camera shop? I got an estimate from Sony to repair my HC3 and it was $510. Used HC3's are going for that price or cheaper online and I hate to pay that much for repairs if there is another place that does quality repairs for less money.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I tried that once and was very dissatisfied with the result. Although they were certified to work on Sony cameras they didn't fix the problem correctly. Had to send it to a Sony repair center to have the problem fixed properly.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

my HC3 shit the bed in Eloy and I got a similar quote from Sony to fix it. I live in Ct and did some research on line and found a place in Massachusetts called Sanford Camera repair. They fixed it for under $200 and it has worked fine ever since. Obviously, cost is going to depend on what went wrong, but it was guaranteed work and saved me $300. Good luck.

I used a place in louisville ky. kwik service electronics was very pleased with them. they let me talk to the guy who actually did the repairs b4 I sent it in. he seemed very knowlegable. I'll pm you the info
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .