apdicenzo

CX 12 Questions

Yes, it has a docking station.
Yes, it has AV I/O which connects to a HypEye
Yes, you have to reset auto focus every 12 hours (like any new camera on a 12 hour clock).
Good? Great pictures, very reasonable price. Shoots SD or HD.
Bad? Has potential for shake in some flying configurations. It costs money. You'll have to modify any camera box you buy for it. Fits the same as a CX7 box.

When reviewing a jump from earlier in the day, I like the ability to quickly move from one jump to the next without fast forwarding/reversing through a tape.
Also, there is no need to queue the tape for the next jump and no worry of ever recording over top of a previous jump.

I miss the ease of keeping an archive of tapes. But I think this new way of doing things will be better.

I bought 2 extra MS-MT16G Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark 2 media cards. (not cheap).
Then I bought a NAS device for some redundant storage. (really not cheap). But I needed the disk space for the video files.
I ended up buying new software to support AVCHD format. And I'm trying to learn that.

The only real downside is there was more cost than just the camera to get going with the CX12.