BirdWoman

rebel XT freezing up

Hi all - has anyone discovered a fix for this yet - it's really starting to bug me.
I did some jumps with a mate the other weekend (his 1st RW) and my camera froze on the 1st jump so I lost the pictures>:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The person who I replied to had the fix, at least for me.

there is a self shut-off timer on the XTI. after a few seconds the lcd screen shuts off.

when it does the remote shutter switch doesn't work.

Go to the menu and turn off the auto timer.

I have not had an issue since.
My photos

My Videos

i had a rebel xt and when it locked up on me i would just tip it one or two times and it was fixed.The problem is made worse if I press my right thumb against the body, just above the thumb wheel, The camera will lock up solid and nothing except removing the battery for several minutes will clear the issue. might want to send it in for repairs.:S

i think my soft case is what caused it, maybe the hi wind is yours.

guess what's 250 lbs and flys like a brick? me

i had a rebel xt and when it locked up on me i would just tip it one or two times and it was fixed.The problem is made worse if I press my right thumb against the body, just above the thumb wheel, The camera will lock up solid and nothing except removing the battery for several minutes will clear the issue. might want to send it in for repairs.:S

i think my soft case is what caused it, maybe the hi wind is yours.

Sounds like you may have had a floating piece of solder or something that was shorting out your switch.

Tipping it may have moved the piece for a few jumps. Pressing down would seem to make the metal peices contact and short the switch.

BTW- Nice guitar. Fan of Zakk's?
My photos

My Videos