missann1320

Flash Mounting for Optik Illusion

Hey there!!

Curious if anyone has any experience in mounting an external flash to the Optik Illusion?

Photo attached of my current setup (I will not be flying video so what you see is the space I have to work with). I have a SC-28 cord an SB800 ready to go just need some ideas on how to safely put everything on and still allow the D200 to sit pretty. :)
Love to know any suggestions that would work well and keep everything in place...

Thanks in advance!
Smile!
http://www.399FirstDates.com

You and I bought the Vapor at about the same time. I've put about 350 jumps on mine since. For the most part I'm very happy with this helmet, with the exception of the mouth piece hump in front. I adapted by moving the bite switch to the side of my mouth, but the adverse effect is that now I'm biting it with smaller teeth instead of wide front teeth, so the bite switch life is cut by at least 50%. Did you change anything to adapt, or are you completely comfortable with that hump as-is?

Chris

might help to attach a picture of the flash to gauge the size... looking pretty limited on space though unless you put it on the side.

Thanks Foster good idea.

Not really looking to trade out helmets at this point gentlemen- but thanks!

Attached is a photo of the flash (keep in mind though it is at 90 degrees when I would have it straight out_...

I think the only way is to side mount it like he said... Maybe drilling 2 spots for 2 bungees plus gaffers tape?
Smile!
http://www.399FirstDates.com

An SB800 is a pretty large flash to look at mounting on anything but the side if you are putting a D200 up top. I'd look at having a bracket made to hold it on the side and then tape the shit out of the cord to keep it from coming loose. Marshall has a nice bracket for his 580EX, I'd look at that style with your set up.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I like the hump.

:$

Er, I mean I have no problem with the hump, I have moved the switch to the side slightly, I use the Conceptus tongue switch and have had no problem with my current one for more than 500 jumps.....

What switch are you using?

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.