keithbar

ring site right or left? and why?

just watched norman kent's video aerial camera. picked up a few tips. but one thing I don't agree with is his idea that it's not important if you have your site over your dominant eye. being cross dominant myself. ( right handed and left dominant eye) I can tell you from lot's of bitter experience with peep sites on both bows and firearms that you will never be comfortable with a site on your non dominant eye.IMHO you can do it. but. now that said I have my sight on the left away from the deployment handle as he reccomends. but i'm left eye dominant. that's why I put it there. i wonder if norman's left eyed?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

i wonder if norman's left eyed?

I had this conversation with Norm awhile back. If I recall correctly, he is not. His reasoning is very sound but if having a ring sight over your left eye is not your cup of tea, there is nothing wrong with it being on the right. Several well known photogs use a right side mounted ring sight as well. I have jumped my ring sight over my right eye for some time as well as other devices without issue. But Norm makes a good point for it being on the left.

***Yes, that's Remster and I keeping Skymama from flipping over:D***
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING