bomb420

SONY CX12

SONY CX12

Looks like its got a manual adjustment for the focus/WhiteBalance/exposure on the side. Only time will tell how it holds up to sitflying since its got what appears like their optical stabilization. 10Mpixel stills. Hopefully you can take more than three while recording.

-Trunk
HYPOXIC

See if I ever tell you anything secret again:D
See the HC9 for similar features in a tape-based cam with similar quality.

Have you tried taking stills remotely while recording? Myself and two others are really torn on which cam to get for handy...would like to go the HD route. Also looking for an HD cam with 30mm lens thread if possible.

Have you tried taking stills remotely while recording?

I saw this done by Trunk using his Hypeye D on a CX-7. As it is, you can only get 3 stills this way. Hopefully the CX-12 will allow for more than 3 stills while recording. Keep in mind the stills that are taken are not of the highest MP quality of the camera, it's more like 1/2 the MP of the camera. It's not a replacement for a DSLR and I wouldn't think it good enough for use on tandems as you only get 3 shots.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING