CKSCUBA

Royal lens, WayCool, or Liquid len's for HC40

anyone try the different lens here and which one is better.

i have the royal but got a huge scratch on it so i need to buy another one.

so has anyone tryed the different lenses????

the royal was good it didnt let in alot of light so its kind of dark but the hc40 sucks for that anyway

any thoughts??

thank you

\Chris

the royal was good it didnt let in alot of light so its kind of dark but the hc40 sucks for that anyway

Can you explain this better? The lens has little to do with exposure in this particular application.

The three lenses you ask about, for SD use, are all about equal. Royal is ever so slightly higher in resolution, it could be the glass is better timed, could be a few factors. But the diff between all of them is negligible, IMO. Have tested all three of them in one width or another. would have liked to have tested all of them as equal lenses, but don't own the Cookie, had to borrow one, and only have one Waycool (.3) to work with.

Can you explain this better? The lens has little to do with exposure in this particular application.

The three lenses you ask about, for SD use, are all about equal. Royal is ever so slightly higher in resolution, it could be the glass is better timed, could be a few factors. But the diff between all of them is negligible, IMO. Have tested all three of them in one width or another. would have liked to have tested all of them as equal lenses, but don't own the Cookie, had to borrow one, and only have one Waycool (.3) to work with.

From conversations with some of the people who make them. the LENSES are all the same (i.e. they are made by the same mfgr) it's the housings that differ
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'd potentially agree, except that there are obvious differences in diffraction, MTF, and minor resolution differences that are silly to debate more than who is the best looking housing.
I'd accept that Cookie and WayCool come from the same optical house. They're just too damn close to find any difference, IMO.

Huh? I use a 0.5 Royal on my HC-40 and get lots of compliments on the sharpness & clarity of the shots, even in low light. Not sure what's up with your setup, maybe you could try a different setting or two on the camera.

I also have a Cookie Liquid3 that does a nice job with the HC-40. Got that instead of a Royal Diamand 0.3 since Max had a service meltdown a while back and I needed a lens in less than 6 months. The filter kit is pretty cool on the Cookie, I like the idea of replacing that piece instead of a scratched lens.

Lance