ScottGray

Compact Cams with LANC for Bite Switch

I have seen a few video guys jumping small compact cameras for shooting stills with a bite switch.

Does anyone have info on the make/model?

Hows the quality ---- pros/cons?
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

We have a bunch of tandem video shooting with the Kodak V705 or V505 - not quite sure about the exact model nos but you can search along those lines. I know that Kodak has discontinued these models on retail level, but you can find them on ebay. One of our cam guys on our DZ modifies them for bite switch. Wide angle, flash, 5 or 7 MB depending on model. Light weight, etc. Seems to work for them. I am sure there are naysayers to everything including these choices but for the investment ( approx $285 modified), it's a pretty sweet return.

DSE - I am ready for the thrashing :D

We have a bunch of tandem video shooting with the Kodak V705 or V505 - not quite sure about the exact model nos but you can search along those lines. I know that Kodak has discontinued these models on retail level, but you can find them on ebay. One of our cam guys on our DZ modifies them for bite switch. Wide angle, flash, 5 or 7 MB depending on model. Light weight, etc. Seems to work for them. I am sure there are naysayers to everything including these choices but for the investment ( approx $285 modified), it's a pretty sweet return.

DSE - I am ready for the thrashing :D

I think the mods Laszlo makes to these lil' cams is awesome. I wish I had one.:P

Calling Laszlo. Got a customer for you.;)

Hey Monkey - Can you PM me with Laszlo's contact info?

Later - brother.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

...yeh baby yeh!!!
She's going to see me... Tonight....
I'm writing this from the hotel room already.;)
...anyway let's be serious. Thank you Pia! Scott contacted me already and sent him an e-mail.

The models are Kodak V570 and Kodak V705.

I'm currently looking for other possibilties since these two are discontinued. There's a few out there with 28mm view (vs. the Kodak's 23mm!!!) by Olympus, Panasonic, and Samsung. Will see...
I'll post them as soon as I find I what works and what doesn't.
-Laszlo-