Iceburner

Just got my ff3

So, after hearing others say they've sidemounted their high def camera's, i figured what the hell, i'll give it a try. I got my new ff3 today, and will jump it this weekend, and i'll let you all know (if anyone gives a shit) how it works out for me. I only know of a few people that jump them, and about a month ago when i asked for opinions, it seemed as though people only top mounted high def video....so after this weekend i'll throw my 2 cents in on side mounting them, as well as take some pics.

I got mine about a month ago and finally got to jump it this past weekend. I'm using a Sony HC5 with Raynox lenses. The Raynox lenses are larger than most, but they do not stick out any farther than the cover. I'm totally digging the helmet.

yea, i have one of those lenses on order right now...waiting for it, but i'll use a stock wide angle i have (i konw it lowers video quality) but whatever...i'm keeping my old setup for a lil while until i get used to the weight (was jumping a 109 sidemounted...) and then i'll mount my stills, then i'll have my new camera helmet :ph34r:

I got mine about a month ago and finally got to jump it this past weekend. I'm using a Sony HC5 with Raynox lenses. The Raynox lenses are larger than most, but they do not stick out any farther than the cover. I'm totally digging the helmet.

Don't you think that big ass lens sticking out kind of defeats the purpose of the snag free design of the helmet? Or does the picture just look like the lens is sticking out but it really isn't?

the lens doesn't extend further out to the left than the clamshell. another thing with the raynox lens is that they come with plastic step rings. I use the 37 to 37. if something tugs on the lens it will strip the threads and come right off.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

just going to add that i LOVE my new setup. no problems with riser slaps or anything like that, and also the weight wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be...after a couple jumps i didn't even notice it. Now i just have to mount my still setup on top and go for a few tests jumps with that.

That lens looks like it sticks out at least two inches past the box. IF so THAT does defeat the purpose of getting that helmet.

I have the FF2 and love it. Have over 500 jumps on it and its great.
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

It really depends on if he is using the plastic step ring that came with the lens. if he is, then a "good" raiser slap will strip it and take it right off.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings