sdctlc

StroboFrame Question

OK, I have 2 x 300-QRC brackets that I use for stills on different helmets! Well one helmet now after a helmet accident, not by me but a guy borrowing my still helmet to test for a trip coming up. Luckily he did not have his or more importantly my camera on it during the jump, I have no idea how, but the helmet separated from his head. :S I have jumped the helmet a good number of time with no issues so I have no idea how he did it wrong but it is what it is.

Shockingly the helmet was recovered in about an hour and I was able to salvage the QRC, the tongue switch. Background done, the QRC had a slight issue, one of the red tabs broke on "landing" I have gone through the bracket and it works great but the tab is dead. Are replacements out there? Has anybody found or used a metal replacement tab that is a little tougher and can be tightened down more. I have always had to be careful on maintenance with the bracket to not over tighten the screw to break the tabs. I don't like them loose which give a little wiggle to the camera. If there was a metal tab it would offer the option to tighten it down some more and take that small wiggle out of the mix. Short of a metal replacement tab, can you get replacements on the cheap red tabs or is there another alternative?

Thanks
Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Stroboframes are sooo last season... all the cool kids are using Really right stuff mounts now a days...

j/k.... :) I seem to remember seeing a post a while ago by someone saying that they had machined some aluminum pieces to replace the little plastic red pieces. I don't know where it was but you might try searching for "stroboframe" here in the forums... good luck... [:/]

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Next time tell 'pinhead' to fill the helmet with crush foam before he jumps it, that way all the extra space will be filled up.;)

LOL, That helmet is very dead so letting Pin Head jump it is not an issue any more. The carbon fiber shell is split about 30% around but like I noted I got the Stroboframe, switch and Chin Cup back so not a total loss for me.. He is now hooked up with his own helmet and yes he added foam to it to make it fit better. He should have it at FnD so you can make fun of him in person.

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"