velocityphoto

30-d error?

My 30-d is reading 999 on the number of shots remaining . Camera is shooting just fine though .I have no idea how many shots i have taken now or how much space is remaining on the card. I reformatted the card and it didn't help any. Idea's anyone?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I have tried everything . I took the batteries out shut it off restarted it. reformatted and removed the card. OK i just put a 1 gig card in it and it worked fine .I believe the 4 gig lexar professional 133x speed card is bad.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

It's not currupted and the camera is not broken. The thing is that maximum picture left counter does show max 999 pictures left. If you have 4 Gig memory card you will have more that 999 pictures to shoot (depending on picture resulution and size). When you will come to the point that you have 998 pictures left it will start counting down.

---------------------------------------------------------
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway !

---------------------------------------------------------
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway !

If you set the quality to RAW or RAW + Jpeg it should show less pictures B|

I actually don't like the big cards much in that respect, my D80 has a 8gig card it always says 1.1k pics, so can't tell straightaway after a tandem vid how much pics I shot it's still on 1.1k after landing...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Lexar support said it is the camera that designates this.If your camera is designed to accept a smaller card ,it will only show that amount of frames left until you get below that smaller number. Apparently the 30-d is built for a 2 gig or something. i always used this 4 gig card in my xti and it worked fine in it .

Lexar support said it is the camera that designates this.If your camera is designed to accept a smaller card ,it will only show that amount of frames left until you get below that smaller number. Apparently the 30-d is built for a 2 gig or something. i always used this 4 gig card in my xti and it worked fine in it .

Lexar support is smoking crack. It comes down to the design of the information lcd, not that the 'camera is designed to accept a smaller card"...there's only 3 digits to show shots remaining. If you have room for 1000+ shots on-chip, it's going to show 999 until there's only enough space for 998, 997, 996, etc...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706