markovwgti

Little Mod i did to my FF2

Well i ordered my Tonfly a few weeks ago and they said its not going to get here until the end of february....sucks...im going to perris for the week of february 12th-17th.....so i just bought an FF2 from my buddy so i can fly my damn camera for the cali trip! I notived that when i put the helmet on my head the chin strap is not centered at all when its tightened all the way down...i took the strap off and made a new hole about 1/4 inch down more so that when the chin strap is tightened down enough it is centered...which gives a more comfortable and normal looking fit! This little thing i did made me much happier with the helmet

Just throwing this out there if anyone else was getting annoyed with the way the chin strap looked and felt when you tightened it all the way down!

FYI, when you buy an FF2 new, the strap has no hole in it at all. You need to set it up yourself (or have a rigger do it, like I did) to fit your head, exactly like you did.

BTW, have someone lift up on the helmet and test the cutaway. Mine did not work at all when it was set up like yours. The white loop would get pinched to the chin cup... the more tension on the helmet, the harder it would lock. I solved the problem by flipping the strap over and having the white loop come up from behind.

Dave

From the picture the two holes appear to be very close, which means the bit of nylon between the holes (where most of the stress from the attachment will go) is not very strong, structurally. If that bit does burst through somehow then your two holes will combine into a "slot" that could be large enough for the fastener to slip out of (bye bye helmet).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com