markovwgti

Ok so i got a new lens for my pc1000

OK so heres the deal! I originally had a HC-40 for a few weeks with a liquid sky .45mm wideangle lens...25mm thread! I got bored of the set-up and found a clean barely used pc-1000 for a sick price! Well i bought it and im left over with the liquid sky lens.. Now i went to the camera shop nearby and they told me that no one makes a step down adaptor from 30mm-25mm...so he talked me into getting a lens from him..he gave me 100$ for my liquid sky lens and i gave hi another 100$ and he hooked me up with this .42 lens set-up..Now the deal is theres no name on it..but it seems to work well, Its also a macro so i can zoom in as far as i want and it wont get blury..i really get lost at this point so im asking you guys if i got ripped or not!! here are some pictures of the lens..and then some pics i took with my pc-1000 with the lens on it.

BTW dont mind the vignetting..it was caused from a ugly huge filter at the end of it!!...its not there anymore

Pictures 2,3 and 5 were taken with the lens on the pc-1000...the rest with my pc1000 without the lens on obviously!

Oh and the price for the lens he sold me was originally 300$...he gave it to me for 200$..100$ of it was trade in! so i only took 100 out of my pocket~

Not sure what you'd like me to say....not a trade I would have made but if you like this glass better....doesn't matter what I think.
FWIW, the lens you posted in image http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=93940; is a Tokina/Kenko, looks like the KUW 042 or the SGW05 (i'm almost certain it's the KUW 042). In either event, neither lens retails for more than $99.00.
Kenko makes perhaps 30% of the various wides in the low end, under various names and OEM's. They have a "pro" series, but the lens you posted isn't one of them.
Pretty wide for a beginning camera flyer, but if it suits your flying ability or what you're shooting (close in belly or freefly) then it works for you, yeah?

Well...the Cookie lens is a much more expensive lens, albeit not a zoom-thru. I'd probably try to sell it on DZ.com and buy a Cookie or Royal with a correct mount ring. or contact Cookie and tell your story. Maybe they can help.

Or...just accept that you've got an overpriced wide angle lens on your camera; it might be a fun story to tell.;) I like telling a story about my $250.00 coffee mug.

they told me that no one makes a step down adaptor from 30mm-25mm...so he talked me into getting a lens from him..he gave me 100$ for my liquid sky lens and i gave hi another 100$ and he hooked me up with this .42 lens set-up..

I think you mean a step Up as the HC40 has a 25mm thread and the PC1000 has 30mm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/25mm-30mm-25-30-Step-Up-Filter-Ring-Stepping-Adapter_W0QQitemZ300174707919QQihZ020QQcategoryZ67358QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

This is $6 delivered in the states and took about 5 minutes to find on Ebay.

here is a 30 to 25mm ring as well:

http://www.camerafilters.com/detail.aspx?ID=2730

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Ask people who know a little about camera flying before you make rash decisions and you'll save some money and frustration.

Is there no camera flyer at the DZ you jump that will help you? Of course the may resist giving advice since you're under sensible minimums.

Your camera shop expert, just sold you a $50 lens for $100 plus your $150 lens.:|

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

yes, but he wouldn't want to be mounting a 25mm thread on a 30mm thread lens. 30mm thread lens on a 25mm mount would be OK, however.

I guess I was referring more to the statement that it was NOT available. Seems strange for a shop to claim that. All they would have to do is just open one of the catalogs they probably have behind the counter. Really, I guess I would be questioning the specific shop for what they appear to have done in the cost of the new lens compared to the value of the old

I use a step down on a 30 to 25 when I use my Royal 0.3x. I would be interested in seeing what level of "ring" he might get with the 25mmn lens on the 30mm camera as I have not tried it..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

My home dropzone is claosed for the season as winter is here...and stop talking about my jump numbers as i didnt update them

Then report them accurately, or is there something you don't want people to know?

Don't discriminate!

Skydiving should be an equal opportunity sport. Everybody should be allowed (and encouraged) to do anything they want regardless of experience. It's sad that some people have to hide how much experience they really have because of [what do you call someone that discriminates based on experience?]s like you.

Dave

Yeah, I know.

Don't worry, things are changing.

I hear the FAA's gonna hand out commercial tickets with every Private Certificate.

There's a sale on ratings too.....buy your AFF and TI ratings and get a free riggers ticket.

:|

no there isnt anything i dont want anyone to know...i would just like to keep the way it is so other people dont discriminate against jump numbers :)

Why not keeping a log book?
Then you would know your jump numbers and wouldn't have to 'annoy' any one...
Just a thought....

And btw, it's mandatory at least in some countries.....
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

There's a sale on ratings too.....buy your AFF and TI ratings and get a free riggers ticket.

NO DUDE you heard wrong, all wrong......it's a mail in rebate kind o deal on the riggers ticket,.....not free!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo